New tablet advice.

Try browsing on an iPad compared to android tablet mate, it is night and day. I get pelters on here for pointing it out, but browsing on android is crap!
Which apps for streaming? You can install Kodi, MovieBox (iOS version of SHowBox) etc.
These are apples "entry level" ones, but still very fast capable tablets. They will run better than the most expensive android tablets.
IPTV apps for sports subs?
VPN apps for getting round various blocks?

Decent apps that let me drag and drop any content I like (music and video) onto the internal storage?

Aside from that, its just the annoying crap when there's a bit of active content on a website, like a popup for a shopping basket or something, and it can be a total fuck on in every browser app I've used (Chrome, Firefox and even Opera to a point). Mind, I just hate tablets. I don't really like phones. Give me a proper Windows PC any day, with a proper keyboard, mouse and 2 large screens!

IPTV apps for sports subs?
VPN apps for getting round various blocks?

Decent apps that let me drag and drop any content I like (music and video) onto the internal storage?

Aside from that, its just the annoying crap when there's a bit of active content on a website, like a popup for a shopping basket or something, and it can be a total fuck on in every browser app I've used (Chrome, Firefox and even Opera to a point). Mind, I just hate tablets. I don't really like phones. Give me a proper Windows PC any day, with a proper keyboard, mouse and 2 large screens!

Yep, IPTV apps are available.
Loads of VPN apps - I use PIA on iOS no bother.

Plenty of apps to let you connect to a computer and drag and drop onto the internal storage yep - can also do it via FTP if you wish. Note. You then use these apps to play music/video - you don't use built in iOS music/video client. VLC is a good example, use that for music/vids.

I completely agree with what you are saying about annoying browsing on android mind - others give pelters when I point it out, but its just so much better on iOS!

I completely agree with what you are saying about annoying browsing on android mind - others give pelters when I point it out, but its just so much better on iOS!
I browse on my android tablet whilst someone else uses an apple, we have never noticed a difference in what happens whilst we browse, can you point out what I might be missing out on?

I've got a galaxy tab a and it is great. Chromebook at around the same price but getting stuff to run on it can be a clart on.

I browse on my android tablet whilst someone else uses an apple, we have never noticed a difference in what happens whilst we browse, can you point out what I might be missing out on?

What mode iPad, a really old one? If not then you should see sites which are graphic intensive load and navigate better. Not as much lag, or freezing then jumping around as page tries to load.

I’m in the market for an iPad, just wondering if it’s worth it for the pro over the normal one.

Depends on usage mate - pro is obviously the fastest model, but if you just want for normal browsing etc then go for the cheaper one.

What mode iPad, a really old one? If not then you should see sites which are graphic intensive load and navigate better. Not as much lag, or freezing then jumping around as page tries to load.

Depends on usage mate - pro is obviously the fastest model, but if you just want for normal browsing etc then go for the cheaper one.
That’s just it, I’m trying to think what I would use it for that would be so taxing that I’d need a pro. My mate had one but got rid due to just using the MacBook instead, says the screen on the pro makes it worth the extra.

That’s just it, I’m trying to think what I would use it for that would be so taxing that I’d need a pro. My mate had one but got rid due to just using the MacBook instead, says the screen on the pro makes it worth the extra.

The screen is amazing, but then again the normal screens are very good.

Forget about an iPad or anything Samsung,absolutely no need.
Something like this is ideal for what you've described. I've bought two and within minutes they've had redboxtv for free live t.v. Including sports and terrarium tv. Lenovo are a really good make as well and their Android is good
https://m.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_719209.html?wid=21

If it's anything like the Lenovo Tab 3 normal (only 2GB RAM not 3 which the one above has) I'm shocked at how you can like it! Maybe it's a different beast but the normal Tab3 is shockingly slow.

EDIT. Seems it is a much better spec but this rings alarms bells, as sounds like the normal Tab3's..

"Despite those promising features, the Tab3 8 Plus struggles to complete simple tasks, especially when they demand internet usage. Browsing the web and scrolling on any social media feels extremely sluggish and slow."

Last edited:
The screen is amazing, but then again the normal screens are very good.

If it's anything like the Lenovo Tab 3 normal (only 2GB RAM not 3 which the one above has) I'm shocked at how you can like it! Maybe it's a different beast but the normal Tab3 is shockingly slow.

EDIT. Seems it is a much better spec but this rings alarms bells, as sounds like the normal Tab3's..

"Despite those promising features, the Tab3 8 Plus struggles to complete simple tasks, especially when they demand internet usage. Browsing the web and scrolling on any social media feels extremely sluggish and slow."
certainly isnt slow like,one has replaced an iPad and one is for the bairn. Great value

Maybe this is their decent model, the normal TAB3 is a shocker! The 1GB RAM ones as well as the 2GB ones. This one seems to have faster CPU/GPU and more RAM though so should be better.
the ones in Argos etc are a newer model with a lower spec. The ones on gearbest are good little tablets,especially good for streaming

It's a new ipad (not pro but maybe the air?) versus a three to four year old nexus 7 (android).

Back