New Music Releases Thread

slowthai covering The Verve for Radio 1... with Taylor from Jockstrap on keys and the lad from Black Country New Road on sax

It's utterly shite

It's a good week for new releases. There are albums from Ashley Monroe, Crumb, Dawn RIchard, Dropkick Murphys, Gojira, Guided By Voices, J. Period, Leon Vynehall, Manchester Orchestra, Marianne Faithfull & Warren Ellis, Matt Sweeney & Bonnie Prince Billy, Paul Jacobs, Royal Blood, Teenage Fanclub, Tony Allen (posthumous release), Ya Tseen, Innov Gnawa, Growing, Adrian Crowley, Conrad Clipper, Ghlow, Joseph Shabason, The Coral, Sarah Louise, Dean McPhee, Luke Haines and Julia Stone.

Single, presumably? Album's out May 28th.
Fannies and Manch Orchestra for me (then maybe Dropkicks). Nervous for a Gerard Love-free Fannies album though...

It's a good week for new releases. There are albums from Ashley Monroe, Crumb, Dawn RIchard, Dropkick Murphys, Gojira, Guided By Voices, J. Period, Leon Vynehall, Manchester Orchestra, Marianne Faithfull & Warren Ellis, Matt Sweeney & Bonnie Prince Billy, Paul Jacobs, Royal Blood, Teenage Fanclub, Tony Allen (posthumous release), Ya Tseen, Innov Gnawa, Growing, Adrian Crowley, Conrad Clipper, Ghlow, Joseph Shabason, The Coral, Sarah Louise, Dean McPhee, Luke Haines and Julia Stone.
Not my thing but it seems that Roisin Murphy has an album out tomorrow.

slowthai covering The Verve for Radio 1... with Taylor from Jockstrap on keys and the lad from Black Country New Road on sax

It's utterly shite

Can't get away with him at all, music that seems like it should have been made fifteen years ago where it might have sounded alright.

Not my thing but it seems that Roisin Murphy has an album out tomorrow.

Think it's just remixes of her album from last year unfortunately.

Last edited:
Single but they’ve done a KEXP session I’ll link below with a few new songs. Dethroned sounds great. BCNR sax player joined them.

I like it, I prefer the other single. Have a watch of the KEXP session above it sounds better. Think it will work with a full listen of the album.
I like that. Thanks for posting, never heard them before. Not usually my cup of tea but something about it.

Explain to me how saying something is "f***ing shit" is bullying. And I know you're on the wrong track (no pun intended) as you have my paedo-monikered stalker 'liking' your posts.

I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about now. You have a paedo stalker? If you have issues with him take it off the thread. This is the first time I’ve conversed with you and him.

I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about now. You have a paedo stalker? If you have issues with him take it off the thread. This is the first time I’ve conversed with you and him.
well, that bit's a lie for starters. and you've limited your profile. wonder what your previous board name was before you were banned.
Anyway back on track, quite enjoyed Field Music, although I'd say that while I can see @Arkle's reference to XTC, I get more of a 'How Dare You' era 10cc vibe from the album. Dinosaur Jr was good, enjoyed Elsie Davis a lot, but perhaps that's because she sounds like Neko Case. But largely got Greta van Fleet and While She Sleeps on a loop along with London Grammar.

Last edited:

Back