New Music Releases Thread

;) ok, I'll add her, but BT certainly stole a half hour or so of my time a while ago that I won't get back, etc

Thx @Arkle I'll add LV and The Kit...not sure I'm ready for Malian desert rock yet, but you never know
LV is a big favourite of mine. Although the last album was very highly rated by reviews etc, I couldn’t help feeling it was missing some of the quirkiness of her previous stuff. Hoping the new one recaptures some of that.

Last edited:
Three great albums ive been enjoying from this week’s releases..

Kevin morby, sundowner, return to form after the average oh my god album.

Matt berninger, suspect this will be one of the years best, class songs throughout.

Tom petty, wildflowers is my favourite album of his, great to hear extra tracks and the alt. versions, excellent.
Tom Petty 4 cd set is utterly magnificent

Just had 3 listens to Laura Veirs. Enjoyed it.

Ben Harper on now. Nice background music. It’s an instrumental album using only steel guitar. It’s got a bluesy Americana feel.

Jings, this thread slipped to page 3,,, early digest of some albums:

Keaton Henson - he's not yet done anything better than his demo of 4 track demos but this is quite, quite lovely! It seems a bit odd when he goes up tempo briefly cos he's Keaton semi-falsettoed voice of vague middle class misery.
Jeff Tweedy - it's good, it's better than most albums, it's what I expect from Tweedy. It's 8/10 again.
Ela Minus - She's Colombian but based in New York. She was in punk bands but discovered electronica. She's made a very good album. The song "Dominique" is one of the best things I've heard this year.
Laura Veirs - it's good but not great, I'm a fan but it's not her best.
Songhoy Blues - maybe my expectation was a little too much but I'm slightly disappointed. It's quite rocking but more desert Status Quo than desert blues.
Delmer Darion - well, this is the most gentle album about Satan ever. Ambient electonica, with upbeat moments but devil themed. Nice!
Bonnie Whitmore - this is utterly ace! She's worked with some big names in country and Americana and released low key solo stuff previously. Terrific songs, properly well performed!

Jings, this thread slipped to page 3,,, early digest of some albums:

Keaton Henson - he's not yet done anything better than his demo of 4 track demos but this is quite, quite lovely! It seems a bit odd when he goes up tempo briefly cos he's Keaton semi-falsettoed voice of vague middle class misery.
Jeff Tweedy - it's good, it's better than most albums, it's what I expect from Tweedy. It's 8/10 again.
Ela Minus - She's Colombian but based in New York. She was in punk bands but discovered electronica. She's made a very good album. The song "Dominique" is one of the best things I've heard this year.
Laura Veirs - it's good but not great, I'm a fan but it's not her best.
Songhoy Blues - maybe my expectation was a little too much but I'm slightly disappointed. It's quite rocking but more desert Status Quo than desert blues.
Delmer Darion - well, this is the most gentle album about Satan ever. Ambient electonica, with upbeat moments but devil themed. Nice!
Bonnie Whitmore - this is utterly ace! She's worked with some big names in country and Americana and released low key solo stuff previously. Terrific songs, properly well performed!
Cheers for this - Bonnie Whitmore added to my Apple Music Library!

New Bruce album - superb
Thin Lizzy - Rock Legends box set -Possibly the best thing ive bought this year, if you like Thin Lizzy its the dogs bollocks

totally know what you mean. The big guitar finale at the end only gets about 30 seconds of a 6 minute track.
I hope i get to see him again cos that track will be a different animal live. Btw have u watched the documentary? its the making of the album its an hour & a half long on apple tv - unbelievably good

I hope i get to see him again cos that track will be a different animal live. Btw have u watched the documentary? its the making of the album its an hour & a half long on apple tv - unbelievably good

I watched the first hour earlier today but got overruled by Mrs and kids when strictly started !

I loved it. Watching that level of not just musicianship but friendship was something else. I thought the tracks sounded even better on the film than they do on record.
Last Man standing, Ghosts, house of a 1000 guitars were stand outs of where I got up to.

I watched the first hour earlier today but got overruled by Mrs and kids when strictly started !

I loved it. Watching that level of not just musicianship but friendship was something else. I thought the tracks sounded even better on the film than they do on record.
Last Man standing, Ghosts, house of a 1000 guitars were stand outs of where I got up to.
Do y`know i thought the songs sounded better as well, ive lived with the album a week & i thought there was a couple of tracks i felt spoilt the album - House of a thousand guitars % power of prayer mainly, but watching that i get those tracks, to me its the best thing hes done since The Rising - which i absoluely love, its the E Street Band recording in the studio together for the first time since Darkness? & its feckin brilliant! This covid shit needs to fuck off cos i wanna hit 20 Bruce shows before he quits, im stuck on 17

Back