New Music Releases Thread

After a couple of listens:

Bob Mould is very much a Bob Mould album - it's a largely angry and punky one, so the opposite side of the coin to last year's. Starts off solo acoustic for a couple of minutes, to throw you off guard a bit, but then quickly ramps up for the rest. There's a couple of catchy Sugaresque numbers in there. Don't think it'll convert anyone who's not a fan but it's another good album in his recent-ish vein of form.

BOB - makes me warm a fuzzy in a very nostalgic way. It'll be among my favorites of the year, without doubt, but mostly because it's unreleased songs from '92 and it's very much of a time that transports me right back (they were the first gig I went to when I moved to London after college in 90) - if you liked late 80s/early 90s indie jangle, it's right in that sweet spot. They always had an ear for a tune and melody and there are plenty of ear worms here. I think most of you will dislike it greatly :lol:

Few years back BBC staff went on strike due to making Redundancies whilst advertising the roles externally. BBC staff rightly went on strike including lauren Laverne from her 6 music show. Tim Burgess for reasons best known to himself decided it would be ok to cross a picket line and do the show.

Whilst I abhor his decision to do that, I equally Find it difficult to swallow Jason “right on” Williamson’s support to Burgess through playing ball with him on his listening parties. Williamson’s from Nottingham who as a city have long standing affiliations with that sort of behaviour so maybe he thinks it’s ok. To me he’s a hypocrite, maybe I’m looking way to much in to this and apologies as it’s not the first time I’ve bleated about Burgess I just find the whole thing hugely false.

When I first read your post, I thought you meant "do the show" as in "appear as a guest", not present the whole bloody thing. Strange move and it doesn't seem to sit right with the impression he gives off these days at all.

When I first read your post, I thought you meant "do the show" as in "appear as a guest", not present the whole bloody thing. Strange move and it doesn't seem to sit right with the impression he gives off these days at all.
i kinda want to give him the benefit of the doubt, so wouldnt mind knowing the other side of the story - certainly the way that report is written its not a nice reflection of him...

i kinda want to give him the benefit of the doubt, so wouldnt mind knowing the other side of the story - certainly the way that report is written its not a nice reflection of him...

Aye same. His manager is also my accountant (weird one) and always seemed a decent fella. They were ripped off massively a few years ago by their old team and ended up £2,000,000 in the hole with HMRC iirc.

I know :lol: :lol:

To be fair this thread and spotify keeps me slightly in the loop.

I am missing gigs so much now. Everything else I can deal with.

Thing I miss the most (apart from family ofc)

Really regret any that I sacked off in the past and would think twice in the future!
Excellent new standalone single from Porridge Radio

Last band I saw before it all went to shit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thing I miss the most (apart from family ofc)

Really regret any that I sacked off in the past and would think twice in the future!

I got very pissed and was in amongst it for Fontaines DC at Academy in January. (I am at least 30 years too old for it but once you have had a few:lol:)

It seems like several lifetimes ago.

Had loads of little bands gigs set up and a few festivals. I'm not getting any younger:(:(
Excellent new standalone single from Porridge Radio

Last band I saw before it all went to shit!

Like her voice, I'll have a listen later

Back