New Music Releases Thread

Something of a bumper week for releases, as has been alluded to. Fleet Foxes have subverted things by sticking their album out on Tuesday. Beyond that, we have albums from 2Chainz, A Certain Ratio, Action Bronson, Bob Mould, Cayucas, Deftones, Idles, Jadu Heart, Public Enemy, Roisin Murphy, Sad13, Sufjan Stevens, Svalbard, Sylvan Esso, The War and Treaty, Thurston Moore, Tim Heidecker, Will Butler, Yves Jarvis, BOB (their one fan posts here), Schlammpeitziger, Hen Ogledd, Diana Jones and Blitzen Trapper.

I've undoubtedly missed something very obvious.

Christ this mercury music prize things hard going. Lauren’s audibly struggling to keep a straight face. Michael Kianukas gonna win surely?
That’s Bush Hall some are being filmed in isn’t it? Saw Pere Ubu there pre lockdown or was it a million years ago?

True.
I get them mixed up with Friendly Fire who are Wham for people who like Coldplay.....or am I mixing them up with someone else anarl?

Abysmal wasn't it!

That Charli XCX "special performance" - what the fuck :lol: :lol: :lol:

Something of a bumper week for releases, as has been alluded to. Fleet Foxes have subverted things by sticking their album out on Tuesday. Beyond that, we have albums from 2Chainz, A Certain Ratio, Action Bronson, Bob Mould, Cayucas, Deftones, Idles, Jadu Heart, Public Enemy, Roisin Murphy, Sad13, Sufjan Stevens, Svalbard, Sylvan Esso, The War and Treaty, Thurston Moore, Tim Heidecker, Will Butler, Yves Jarvis, BOB (their one fan posts here), Schlammpeitziger, Hen Ogledd, Diana Jones and Blitzen Trapper.

a certain ratio- new material ?

Cabbage and Bad Boy Chiller Crew ;)

Last edited:

Bumper week for me. All those in bold plus Lydia Loveless for me. Think I’ll need to prioritise.

got a copy to listen to at home. maybe tomorrow. they've this happening too, if anyone is interested

Good luck to Lanterns on the Lake this evening. Bloody love them and I'd love to see them get the recognition they deserve. The latest record is fantastic.

Baddies is probs my tune of the year still.

Want Porridge Radio to win of course, but would be delighted for Lanterns otherwise.

a certain ratio- new material ?
How on earth do they still have a career? Saw em supporting Talking Heads at NCH in 1979 ferchrissakes and they were awful. I’m gonna presume they’ve changed a bit since then? I’m gonna have to risk em on Spotify aren’t I? Shit. As if 2020 wasn’t bad enough already...listening to A Certain Ratio again....just kill me now please.

How on earth do they still have a career? Saw em supporting Talking Heads at NCH in 1979 ferchrissakes and they were awful. I’m gonna presume they’ve changed a bit since then? I’m gonna have to risk em on Spotify aren’t I? Shit. As if 2020 wasn’t bad enough already...listening to A Certain Ratio again....just kill me now please.
think they reinvented themselves in late 80s, had a really good single 'the big e' and then it got reissued with title of song changed to ' I wont stop loving you' . after that, not sure, on the 'where are you now file for me '.

Thurston Moore will be the first of this weeks releases I listen to. Then Hen Ogledd (Richard Dawson), but the two songs I've heard from it were disappointing on first listen. Hopefully they'll sit better in an album.

Last edited:

Aye, probably, well hopefully. TBH, they've done well from this. Wouldn't have got BT's commission for their Champions' League music for this season if it wasn't for 2020. Much as I think they're good pop stars, I'm just glad that Dua Lipa and Charli XCX didn't win, their profile wouldn't have increased through winning this.

Also, tomorrow's episode of Later is now a Kiwanuka special.

Back