New Music Releases Thread

W
The Radiohead tickets three or four years ago were about 60 quid I think. Standard fare these days for the big bands.
Wife buys most of our gig tickets. I was shocked when she told me how much an average ticket in a big venue was. But I am a massive tight arse

W

Wife buys most of our gig tickets. I was shocked when she told me how much an average ticket in a big venue was. But I am a massive tight arse
I don’t do many big gigs. Told my mates to fuck off when they told me Guns N Roses would be £100. Kiss was £65.

At the other end of the scale my AJJ tickets for July only cost £12.50 each, and I was £14 a ticket for Chris Shiflett last year. Even King Gizzard in October was only around the £30 mark.

I don’t do many big gigs. Told my mates to fuck off when they told me Guns N Roses would be £100. Kiss was £65.

At the other end of the scale my AJJ tickets for July only cost £12.50 each, and I was £14 a ticket for Chris Shiflett last year. Even King Gizzard in October was only around the £30 mark.
To me thirty quid is a lot. I think I'm still living in the 1990s

Sadly its the only way bands can make a living as too many these days don't buy records.
Ironically it’s the ones that don’t really need the money that charge the most. I would have happily paid double what I did pay for AJJ, same with most of the other bands I’ve seen in tiny venues for about £15.

£100 to see an overweight Axl Rose whose voice is shot FFS

Last edited:
Ironically it’s the ones that don’t really need the money that charge the most. I would have happily paid double what I did pay for AJJ, same with most of the other bands I’ve seen in tiny venues for about £15.

£100 to see an overweight Axl Rose who’s evolve is shot FFS

Demand I guess marra. But aye, that's because a lot of people don't look for new music, so essentially just wait until bands of their time announce a zimmer frame tour.
This is probably a stupid question, but is the amount people make off Spotify miniscule compared to a CD purchase

Aye.
This is probably a stupid question, but is the amount people make off Spotify miniscule compared to a CD purchase

This is an insight.

Last edited:
Demand I guess marra. But aye, that's because a lot of people don't look for new music, so essentially just wait until bands of their time announce a zimmer frame tour.

Aye.

This is an insight.
Christ. No wonder gig tickets cost so much. Would we all rather pay more for Spotify. It would be fairer

Aye, mind I still buy cds :lol:
We don’t even have a hifi in the house anymore (autocorrect doesn’t even recognise the word “hifi”, although it also didn’t like “whose voice” in my description of Axl Rose above).

If I’m going to a small gig I always try to buy something from the merch stall as I know that even my volumes of streaming won’t even come close to if I’d bought the album. I’d need to listen to a full album about 1,000 times for the steaming to make the £8 or so a CD costs. There are a few albums in definitely well into the hundreds on mind.

Most people don’t even listen to full albums any more, even some of my mates who also grew up in the 90s. It’s very sad!

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me. Was on there for the countdown, clicked for tickets but instantly none left. Searched a few times and gave up.

I was surprised at the cost for the Roundhouse too. £65 each.
I don't think £65 is too much, id rather see them there than a big field

We don’t even have a hifi in the house anymore (autocorrect doesn’t even recognise the word “hifi”, although it also didn’t like “whose voice” in my description of Axl Rose above).

If I’m going to a small gig I always try to buy something from the merch stall as I know that even my volumes of streaming won’t even come close to if I’d bought the album. I’d need to listen to a full album about 1,000 times for the steaming to make the £8 or so a CD costs. There are a few albums in definitely well into the hundreds on mind.

Most people don’t even listen to full albums any more, even some of my mates who also grew up in the 90s. It’s very sad!

Find it bizarre people don't listen to albums personally. Very rare I'll stick anything on shuffle. Again though, I mainly listen to music at home, just whack a CD on.

Spotify has massively increased the amount of hard copies I buy.
I now listen to a shit load of stuff both new and old and if I like it ( much to the wifes dismay ) I buy it.

same as you mate I always buy a cd at a gig also
Find it bizarre people don't listen to albums personally. Very rare I'll stick anything on shuffle. Again though, I mainly listen to music at home, just whack a CD on.

its the car for me. Unwritten rule in our house is that no matter where we’re going, long or short drive I control the tunes.
Other than the work commute it’s the only chance I get sometimes

Last edited:
I now listen to a shit load of stuff both new and old and if I like it ( much to the wifes dismay ) I buy it.

its the car for me. Unwritten rule in our house is that no matter where we’re going, long or short drive I control the tunes.
I only started listening to more music once I started working for home, before that it was only the car for me too

Car on the work commute(plus my walk from car park to office), and the gym for me. I always inflict one of the week’s new releases on Mrs Dundee while we do the ironing on a Sunday night too!

I've seen a few posts of this ilk on Twatter. The below was from Ian McNabb in the last couple of weeks.

Birds Fly (Whisper To A Scream) has been streamed FOUR MILLION times on Spotify. My payment? Enough for a couple of packets of fags. Streaming: Great for the punter, terrible for the artist. #spotitheft

I think if people used Spotify that way rather than instead of it'd be great.

Fair play marra, got to listen when you can. If possible though I prefer to listen to music whilst I'm not doing anything else. Easier said than done at times mind.

Last edited:

Back