New Music Releases Thread

Find it bizarre people don't listen to albums personally. Very rare I'll stick anything on shuffle. Again though, I mainly listen to music at home, just whack a CD on.

There are quite a few people I know who like/listen to music, but wouldn’t be able to give an answer if I asked them what their favourite album of 2019 was. I find it baffling, too.

I think if people used Spotify that way rather than instead of it'd be great.

Fair play marra, got to listen when you can. If possible though I prefer to listen to music whilst I'm not doing anything else. Easier said than done at times mind.

driving and sitting on metro is only times I’m not getting told e h at to
I've seen a few posts of this ilk on Twatter. The below was from Ian McNabb in the last couple of weeks.

Birds Fly (Whisper To A Scream) has been streamed FOUR MILLION times on Spotify. My payment? Enough for a couple of packets of fags. Streaming: Great for the punter, terrible for the artist. #spotitheft

Whilst I don’t technically disagree with Mcnab and I do understand his frustration, I do question is he doing it for the love of his art or just to make a few quid ?
for me, he should be grateful for more people listening to his work than thinking about lining his own pocket
Brilliant album ..... up there with his best.

Saw him last night at Riverside - great show, he was on good form and mad as a ‘box of frogs’ as usual.

many there mate ?

Whilst I don’t technically disagree with Mcnab and I do understand his frustration, I do question is he doing it for the love of his art or just to make a few quid ?
for me, he should be grateful for more people listening to his work than thinking about lining his own pocket
McNabb definitely needs to earn a living from his music as he was on the bones of his arse and on the point of eviction from his home which he shares with his Mum. Undoubtedly, it's a bit of both for him as he wouldn't have made twentyish albums over the years and at every one of his gigs he thanks the audience for turning out and supporting live music.

[QUOTE
many there mate ?
[/QUOTE]

Yes it was quite full, a decent turnout.
Not a sell out (like some of the other venues on the tour) and he definitely was not a sell out on stage either ..... a great repertoire and banter!

[QUOTE
many there mate ?

Yes it was quite full, a decent turnout.
Not a sell out (like some of the other venues on the tour) and he definitely was not a sell out on stage either ..... a great repertoire and banter!
[/QUOTE]

glad it was quite full mate. Was a thread on here recently highlighting that north east gigs tend to be slower selling than other parts of the country so glad of a good turnout

Back