New Music Releases Thread

I could be making this up (probably am) but every time Field Music release an album it always seems to be right at the start of the year.
pretty much

Field Music
Tones of Town
  • Released: 22 January 2007
  • Label: Memphis Industries
Field Music (Measure)
  • Released: 15 February 2010
Plumb
  • Released: 13 February 2012
Commontime
  • Released: 5 February 2016
Open Here
  • Released: 2 February 2018[20]
Making a New World
  • Released: 10 January 2020

So far over the weekend:

Julian Cope - standard Copey, good, bonkers, overly long.
Uncut's latest cover CD - their latest Sounds of the New West compilation (so Americana). Very good mix of tracks from upcoming and recent releases plus at least one exclusive.
Georgia - really very good indeed. She kind of occupies the midway point between Robyn and Hot Chip.
Craven Faults - their won't be many better electronica albums this year. A bit Krautrock, a bit ambient, some quite long tracks but they work.
Field Music - as usual likely to be a grower. A concept album about the first world war, which was originally made for the Imperial War Museum.
Daniel Lopatin's Uncut Gems soundtrack - been out for a little while I think. Interesting electronic music interspersed with dialogue from the film. Good!

Also got The Big Moon and Jim Noir to digest and cogitate over.

So far over the weekend:

Uncut's latest cover CD - their latest Sounds of the New West compilation (so Americana). Very good mix of tracks from upcoming and recent releases plus at least one exclusive.
Georgia - really very good indeed. She kind of occupies the midway point between Robyn and Hot Chip.
Craven Faults - their won't be many better electronica albums this year. A bit Krautrock, a bit ambient, some quite long tracks but they work.
Field Music - as usual likely to be a grower. A concept album about the first world war, which was originally made for the Imperial War Museum.
Daniel Lopatin's Uncut Gems soundtrack - been out for a little while I think. Interesting electronic music interspersed with dialogue from the film. Good!

cheers mate, Craven Faults sounds great.

So far over the weekend:

As for the last two, I think The Big Moon's album is very good. As noted in reviews, more pop than their debut but not in a pop meaning boyband/R'n'B way. Jim Noir's album is enjoyable, sort of retro psychedelia, very similar to his albums from a few years ago.
cheers mate, Craven Faults sounds great.

I need to listen to the earlier EPs. Don't think anything from them is on the album.

Last edited:
Bored of my current listens. Listening to 6. I know it's not what this thread is exactly for but can someone recommend something from the last 10 years I must listen to. Last years faves were little simz and Richard Dawson. Car seat headrest a good last five years pick I got from here. Cos of kids I sort of had a gap from 2011-2017 where I didn't listen to much

Bored of my current listens. Listening to 6. I know it's not what this thread is exactly for but can someone recommend something from the last 10 years I must listen to. Last years faves were little simz and Richard Dawson. Car seat headrest a good last five years pick I got from here. Cos of kids I sort of had a gap from 2011-2017 where I didn't listen to much
What genres do you like?

Back