New Music Releases Thread

that's my album of 2017, and only because someone on here mentioned it on their end of year list (back when they could be arsed to only pick out a handful albums ;) )
Yeah it's funny, there weren't really lists at the end of 2016 and 17, not like this year. Don't know if Spotify is anything to do with that, or laziness like you say

Can't say I've ever even heard of Rayland Baxter, I might give it a quick listen today before the new album's out.
He’s an indie-rock/Americana type artist usually. That EP was actually my first exposure to Mac Miller’s work. I didn’t expect to like him (assumed from the Ariana Grande connection that he was chart fodder hip hop) but I do.

Aflecks Palace
“Been described as the birth of Nu-Madchester”
Seem canny what I’ve heard so far

I havnt heard them yet but with that name and their band photos being bucket hat overload I can’t think they’ll be anything other than a parody band.

Manchester have give the world some world class bands, of that there is no doubt. However the city is obsessed with looking back and not forward, they don’t half bang on about the hacienda etc

Back