New Music Releases Thread

Will be giving Vivian Girls a listen - I think the wife preordered. Off to see them in October, so I hope it's not rubbish.

Off to see Bloc Party play Silent Alarm in Central Park tonight
Massive tin hat on here, but the new Blink 182 album is probably the most interesting thing they’ve ever released.

I await the “that’s not very hard” replies
Go on then, I'll give it a go. I'm not a fan, but I like Alk3 so maybe Skiba's influence is turning them a bit more in my direction

Last edited:
Ben Lee has announced a covers album to celebrate 25 years in the music business, released November 22. 2 pre-release tracks are available - Daniel Johnston’s “Speeding Motorcycle” and The Breeders “Divine Hammer”. Other bands he covers on the album include Pavement, Sebadoh, Sonic Youth and Fugazi.
There was also a new record from Snuff yesterday.

Last edited:
We’ve tkts for Roxy Girls/Spilt Milk next Wednesday at the sebright arms but I’m leaning towards witching waves/camp cope at Islington assembly halls on the same night. Camp Cope may not be back in the country for a while if ever and I love just about everything they’ve released and witching waves are decent anarl. Whereas Roxy Girls are local lads come to the big city.......decisions decisions......are Spilt Milk any good? If they are I don’t wanna be crying ower missing them in years to come. Ahem.

Spilt Milk are just the promoters.

Spilt Milk are just the promoters.
Aaaaaah. So they’re not actually playing then. It is the band though and there’s not a Spilt Milk promotions knocking around? I know there’s both Spilt Milk Records and Spilt Milk Recordings as record labels ant the indie kid at work assures me their different companies.
There’s gonna be no band names left soon. There’s some kids played my local recently called Cameo. They could’ve been lynched if there’d been any decent publicity for it. I know there’s a bunch of youngish bands knocking around atm moment with Milk in their name. Ditto Pale and Honey and Lung. They’re all the new Black according to the aforementioned indie kid. The Pale Honey Milk Lungs....now there’s a band.

Thom Yorke was on Desert Island Discs this morning, it’s on the Sounds app now.

well worth a listen, partially because he has got great taste but he’s also way wittier than I ever imagined

Aye, was a good listen.
Gives hope to us all that even after all these years he still can’t read music.
I felt old when Laverne said Radiohead had been going for 34 years now.
Never realised they’d started as far back as 1985.

Right, since getting back from Accra (curry for breakfast, yeah!), I've been frantically catching up with two week of new releases, aided and abetted by the fact that my assistant is off sick so I have the office to myself. Quite a lot to get through so, in no particular order:

Gruff Rhys - marvellous, as expected! Beautiful, summery 30 minutes or so.
Just listening to the gruff album and it's great. Saw him on Saturday supported by muzi who produced the album. Zulu madness

Aye, was a good listen.
Gives hope to us all that even after all these years he still can’t read music.
I felt old when Laverne said Radiohead had been going for 34 years now.
Never realised they’d started as far back as 1985.
Aye but the first few years were spent having jolly japes with their violins in the dorm I think.

I’ve told this one on here before but I spent ower a year in 93/94 with a cassette jammed in my van rad/cass player. It had Radiohead and The Auteurs first albums on either side. The radio bit didnt work so it was those two or nowt......for a year until I scrapped the van. Apart from creep I couldn’t tell you any of the song titles or which bands playing which songs as they’re pretty similar. But to this day I bet I know the words n riffs n that. Not that I’m EVER gonna
Isten to either album again mind.

Back