New Music Releases Thread

Right, I'm still in Ghana (fly back tomorrow night) and tried to post this morning but it all went a bit dyslexic fox shaped. Ghana seems interesting but more pertinently, lovely people... as far as the releases are concerned:

This week's releases... I'm not home until Saturday so will start to catch up then. We have albums from (Sandy) Alex G, Alex Cameron, Blacktop Mojo, Charli XCX, Chastity, Chelsea Wolfe, Cold, Devendra Banhardt, Djo, Goo Goo Dolls, Gruff Rhys, James Levey, Jenny Hval, JPEGMAFIA, Kazu (Blonde Redhead's singer solo), Korn, Longbeard, Luke Temple, Metronomy, Mike Patton & Jean-Claude Vannier, Pixies, Puddle of Mudd, The Faim, The Hu, The Lumineers, Twin Peaks, Jonah Tolchin, The Utopia Strong (Steve Davis' krautrock/prog project and, yes, that Steve Davis), Alasdair Roberts, Miss June and Belle & Sebastian.
Alex Cameron's been shite since the first album.

Figures.

Korn, Puddle of Mudd, Limp Bizkit, and that lot, man, talk about a horrible time in music. At least in my opinion. They had talented musicians, too but just making shit music. Sad.
Korn’s first 2 albums have stood the test of time alright IMO, but ”Follow the Leader” onwards hasn’t aged well! The less said about Limp Bizkit etc the better although 16/17 year old me loved them, I had a red Yankees cap I wore backwards and everything!

Korn’s first 2 albums have stood the test of time alright IMO, but ”Follow the Leader” onwards hasn’t aged well! The less said about Limp Bizkit etc the better although 16/17 year old me loved them, I had a red Yankees cap I wore backwards and everything!
:lol:

It was angry-fun music with a lot of appeal. Their guitarist was quite talented but their front man was a f***ing tool.

Like I said, I was never a fan. But I am guessing if I was younger at that time, it may have been a different story.

:lol:

It was angry-fun music with a lot of appeal. Their guitarist was quite talented but their front man was a f***ing tool.

Like I said, I was never a fan. But I am guessing if I was younger at that time, it may have been a different story.
Late 90s/Early 00s Rock Music was, on the whole, terrible. A lot of what I call “gateway” bands though and if it wasn’t for them there’s a lot of stuff I still live I’d never have got into!

Currently in bar waiting for Pere Ubu to come on. Beautiful venue is Bush Hall, 400 yds or so from Loftus Rd.
Nivver seen em but loved some late 70s stuff then lost touch. New uns a film noir type themed album. Lot of music industry types in here tonight.
From what I've seen owner the years he's a great front man for a fat lad. Here's hoping.

Can someone dig the giigsthread up from the depths?

Currently in bar waiting for Pere Ubu to come on. Beautiful venue is Bush Hall, 400 yds or so from Loftus Rd.
Nivver seen em but loved some late 70s stuff then lost touch. New uns a film noir type themed album. Lot of music industry types in here tonight.
From what I've seen owner the years he's a great front man for a fat lad. Here's hoping.

Bush Hall does look a cracking little venue. Enjoy.

Good gig not great.
Poor fellers mobility’s gone. Had to be helped onstage by two bouncers. Mind he looked 20 stone back in the late 70s so summits tobe expected.
I loved their Datapanik EP back in 77 or 78. Twas made up of their own label released singles from mid 70s ower in the US. Only liked a few tracks from each album then lost touch with their stuff for decades.
Show started with the singer explaining all their early stuff had a line swiped from Raymond Chandlers Marlowe novels and no one had noticed, I certainly hadn’t and I love that stuff. Songs were linked with a bit of narration mentioning Bogart, Mitchum and Elliot Gould’s versions of Marlowe.
It should’ve been reet up my street but for some reason wasn’t. Oh well I’ll give the album a go ower the weekend.

Mind you if you get the chance to see a band at Bush Hall do it. Lovely venue. I’d imagine with a more classical or jazzy turn it’d be even better. It’s not a rock n roll venue whatsoever.
Aye it's canny for the right type of gig. Shame it's in Shepherd's Bush!

Yeah. A classy band with a jazzy or classical twist would be great. I could imagine Sade or prime time Roxy suiting it. The crowd all tuxedoed and cocktail dressed to the nines stumbling out onto Uxbridge Red and staggering off down to the tube past the mosque and chicken shops.

Last edited:
Newcastle lad Richard Dawson releases new album "2020" next month. Both songs he's released from it so far have been top quality. Here's the latest one. No one else plays like or sings like him.

Back