New Music Releases Thread

Okay, I'm off to Green Man so won't have too much of a chance to listen to new stuff until early next week but tomorrow we have releases from Amason, Blanck Mass, Drew Holcomb & the Neighbors, Frank Turner, Friendly Fires, Jason Lytle, Killswitch Engage, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Loscil, Off With Their Heads, Oh Sees, Rae Spoon, Ride, Shura, Snoop Dogg, The Hold Steady, The Parlor Mob, Versus, Sleater-Kinney, Rodney Crowell and The Murder Capital.

Okay, I'm off to Green Man so won't have too much of a chance to listen to new stuff until early next week but tomorrow we have releases from Amason, Blanck Mass, Drew Holcomb & the Neighbors, Frank Turner, Friendly Fires, Jason Lytle, Killswitch Engage, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Loscil, Off With Their Heads, Oh Sees, Rae Spoon, Ride, Shura, Snoop Dogg, The Hold Steady, The Parlor Mob, Versus, Sleater-Kinney, Rodney Crowell and The Murder Capital.

Can’t wait for Blanck Mass and looking forward to Shura.

Any House music fans should also check out latest album by Move D. Very good indeed.

Decent week this week. At least King Gizzard and Frank Turner for me, but there are a few others on their I’ll check out if I have time.

That’s an excellent week. Blanck Mass, Jason Lytle, King Gizzard, Oh Sees, Spoon, Ride, Hold Steady, Sleater Kinney and the Murder Capital for me!

Enjoy Green Man

New Frog tomorrow too which I'm very excited for.

I’m loving the new Gizzard album. It’s a metal album, but sounds unmistakably like King Gizz. Their best since Nonagon Infinity for me, I might even like it more after a couple more listens.

Super excited about seeing them in October now!

Looks like a good week...Frank, S-K, Ride, Oh Sees, OWTH, and Ginger for me. Frank's is a departure (theme album about historical women with accompanying podcast), and I'm curious about S-K - loved the last album but the missus, who was a huge fan from the first time around, is determined to hate it due to distrust of all things St Vincent and Janet announcing she's leaving

Blanck Mass is superb. Great balance of noise and melody.
Announced today a Cluny gig in November also.
Will give this a go - liked the Editors remixes. Thx!

Frank - Liked (no surprise)...definitely a solo album. Sometimes a little too earnest (he always walks that line and sometimes falls) and sometimes the songs suffer in his attempts to cram the story in, but I guess that's always the risk with story songs.
Sleater-Kinney - Liked, or liked most of it, but ooof, the wife is going to hate it - her preorder arrived this afternoon :lol: Missing the punk edge, you can hear the St Vincent art rock synthfluence and a couple slowies....
Oh Sees - massively disappointed with what I heard. Hated the first song but gritted my teeth and got through it. Lasted 4/5 other songs before flipping. This one didn't do it for me and I've liked them in the past.
Hold Steady - it's definitely a Hold Steady album.
Ride - safe enough. Enjoyed it, but it definitely didn't push boundaries.
Gizzard - really don't get them. Like they're a joke I don't get and everyone else is laughing but me
Off With Their Heads - pretty much what I expected (but more tunes than some previous). Like a heavier Gaslight/Against Me, with a scream a bit like Ginger. Not bad.

No sign of Ginger yet at this side of the pond.

Sleater-Kinney are just f***ing great aren't they? Gotta put them up there with QOTSA as the best 'rock' band of the last 20/25 years.

Anyone who likes heavier stuff, Slipknot have just released the album of their careers. Absolutely brilliant record.
They now have their first UK number 1 since Iowa (18 years) to go with the good reviews and reception for it. Plus as a bonus it knocked ginger balls off the top spot.
Got it on my list for this week. I loved the first 2 albums, then for whatever reason I never got round to listening to any of their other albums.
Get round to listening to it? Excellent.

Back