New Music Releases Thread

Yup, sounds good to me. Although I doubt it'll be an album I will go back to too often, if, as I presume, it doesn't have any vocals at all.

Whats your take on Thom Yorkes latest offering? It's much more Modern Boxes than The Eraser IMO.

I could listen to it as it was more melodic than it could have been. I thought the Eraser was brilliant though. I’m nowhere near the Radiohead fan that you are though

Doing this week's new releases a day early as I'm busy for possibly most of tomorrow. We have albums from 311, Africa Express, Banks, Big K.R.I.T., Bleached, Blood Orange (a mix tape), Girlfriend Material, Imperial Teen, K.Flay, Kool Keith, Merzbow, New Order & Liam Gillick (a live album, Gillick is a visual artist), Purple Mountains, Scott Stapp, Torche, Tycho, Wear Your Wounds, Ed Sheeran, The Tiny Changes comp (Frightened Rabbit tribute), Penelope Isles, Kaina, Kyle Craft and Pere Ubu.

Doing this week's new releases a day early as I'm busy for possibly most of tomorrow. We have albums from 311, Africa Express, Banks, Big K.R.I.T., Bleached, Blood Orange (a mix tape), Girlfriend Material, Imperial Teen, K.Flay, Kool Keith, Merzbow, New Order & Liam Gillick (a live album, Gillick is a visual artist), Purple Mountains, Scott Stapp, Torche, Tycho, Wear Your Wounds, Ed Sheeran, The Tiny Changes comp (Frightened Rabbit tribute), Penelope Isles, Kaina, Kyle Craft and Pere Ubu.
Tiny changes, Pere Ubu, Purple Mountaokd and New Order I guess

I'm presuming the 10th Anniversary Edition of These Four Walls by We Were Promised Jetpacks is out Friday, too. My preorder arrived Monday but I'm guessing it's early because they likely padded a bit for international mail. It's nicely expanded with demos and some live sessions, including their version of Modern Leper - a nice bit of symmetry with Tiny Changes coming out too. The album still sounds great - be seeing them play it in full in a couple of weeks.

Jazz album of the year so far

The Secret Between the Shadow and the Soul - Branford Marsalis Quartet
It is a great album. It's the go to album I listen while I drive around dealing with SoCal traffic.

Couple of new Bon Iver songs on Spotify
I really, really like the "Hey, Ma" song. They're typically not my cup of tea but I love the song.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got around to listening the new Pete Perret album Humanworld that got delivered a few weeks ago. Absolutely excellent.

Also received my box set of the Rolling Thunder Revue by Bob Dylan. This really is Dylan at his very best.

Back