1. The forums are temporarily closed for new registrations
    We expect to re-open for new users towards the end of July.
    Dismiss Notice

New Music Releases Thread

Discussion in 'SMB' started by James, Feb 7, 2013.

1. mad cyril

mad cyril Winger

I could listen to it as it was more melodic than it could have been. I thought the Eraser was brilliant though. I’m nowhere near the Radiohead fan that you are though

dangermows likes this.
  2. dangermows

dangermows Striker

The Eraser is tremendous tbf.

mad cyril likes this.
  3. ned_werby

ned_werby Striker

Is this a euphemism.

really liking this, Dissident is waxa

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    dangermows likes this.
  4. Arkle

Arkle Striker Contributor

Doing this week's new releases a day early as I'm busy for possibly most of tomorrow. We have albums from 311, Africa Express, Banks, Big K.R.I.T., Bleached, Blood Orange (a mix tape), Girlfriend Material, Imperial Teen, K.Flay, Kool Keith, Merzbow, New Order & Liam Gillick (a live album, Gillick is a visual artist), Purple Mountains, Scott Stapp, Torche, Tycho, Wear Your Wounds, Ed Sheeran, The Tiny Changes comp (Frightened Rabbit tribute), Penelope Isles, Kaina, Kyle Craft and Pere Ubu.

Space Hopper and chunkylover53 like this.
  5. AB22 Easy Tiger

AB22 Easy Tiger Nocturnal Tourist Staff Member Contributor

Jazz album of the year so far

The Secret Between the Shadow and the Soul - Branford Marsalis Quartet

6. Tiny changes, Pere Ubu, Purple Mountaokd and New Order I guess

7. oldmanofthemountain

oldmanofthemountain Central Defender

For superbly f*cked up psych you can’t go far wrong with Sunburned Hand of the Man who have been releasing some new and old performances on their Bandcamp site. Some on cd but mainly digital, the pick for me being Jaybird Jaybird, by Sunburned Hand of the Man

Space Hopper and Arkle like this.
  8. Arkle

Arkle Striker Contributor

Kyle Craft and Africa Express as well for me. Quite excited by the prospect of the Purple Mountains album.

9. Crayola-Kid

Crayola-Kid Winger

I'm presuming the 10th Anniversary Edition of These Four Walls by We Were Promised Jetpacks is out Friday, too. My preorder arrived Monday but I'm guessing it's early because they likely padded a bit for international mail. It's nicely expanded with demos and some live sessions, including their version of Modern Leper - a nice bit of symmetry with Tiny Changes coming out too. The album still sounds great - be seeing them play it in full in a couple of weeks.

10. jacko100

jacko100 Striker

Couple of new Bon Iver songs on Spotify

The Lonious Monk likes this.
  11. td586

td586 Midfield

New Order LP tomorrow

Tycho "Weather", on Zen

12. Latka Gravas

Latka Gravas Striker

Sick of hearing ‘Hey,ma’, massively overplayed on 6music

13. He’s really regressed for me. First couple of records were excellent, it’s just a bit meh now

14. jacko100

jacko100 Striker

Haven’t listened to the new tunes yet but I did really like the last album, although it isn’t as good as For Emma or the Bon iver album but they’re both outstanding.

15. mad cyril

mad cyril Winger

Have you seen the documentary they made about the New Order album mate ?
    It’s brilliant with Your Silent Face being a particular highlight.

16. td586

td586 Midfield

wishful thinking mate ;)

nah, any links?

17. mad cyril

mad cyril Winger

It was on Sky Arts not long ago but can’t see it on you tube, sure you’ll find it somewhere. This is a fair bit of the Manchester gig.

td586 likes this.
  18. It is a great album. It's the go to album I listen while I drive around dealing with SoCal traffic.

I really, really like the "Hey, Ma" song. They're typically not my cup of tea but I love the song.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    AB22 Easy Tiger and jacko100 like this.
  19. ned_werby

ned_werby Striker

Listening to this right now, very good, if a tad, erm, downbeat.

Arkle likes this.
  20. ReaL Madras

ReaL Madras Striker Staff Member Contributor

Finally got around to listening the new Pete Perret album Humanworld that got delivered a few weeks ago. Absolutely excellent.

Also received my box set of the Rolling Thunder Revue by Bob Dylan. This really is Dylan at his very best.