New Music Releases Thread

Doing this week's new releases a day early as I'm busy for possibly most of tomorrow. We have albums from 311, Africa Express, Banks, Big K.R.I.T., Bleached, Blood Orange (a mix tape), Girlfriend Material, Imperial Teen, K.Flay, Kool Keith, Merzbow, New Order & Liam Gillick (a live album, Gillick is a visual artist), Purple Mountains, Scott Stapp, Torche, Tycho, Wear Your Wounds, Ed Sheeran, The Tiny Changes comp (Frightened Rabbit tribute), Penelope Isles, Kaina, Kyle Craft and Pere Ubu.
Bones (Bones UK over here) have an album out today. Interwebs are calling them industrial rock...not sure about that...but I'm 3 tracks in and liking it. More like angry girl vocal synth rock

Bones (Bones UK over here) have an album out today. Interwebs are calling them industrial rock...not sure about that...but I'm 3 tracks in and liking it. More like angry girl vocal synth rock
Sounds interesting. I will have to check it out.

It's patchy - a couple of tracks later on that are horribly bland, but there's some interest there too
I see what you mean. Some songs are really good others are meh. Funny, when I first looked them up I found Bones which is a rapper and I was like, "wait, this can't be it". Then noticed that you put "Bone UK" on your post:lol:

Also, not sure if anyone is a fan but the new K. Flay album is out. I like it, but her style is not for everyone. I mean, it's typical K. Flay stuff.

I see what you mean. Some songs are really good others are meh. Funny, when I first looked them up I found Bones which is a rapper and I was like, "wait, this can't be it". Then noticed that you put "Bone UK" on your post:lol:

Also, not sure if anyone is a fan but the new K. Flay album is out. I like it, but her style is not for everyone. I mean, it's typical K. Flay stuff.
Yeah, it's all over the shop - a decent amount is good, then a couple are generic pop, some is almost (can you corroborate?) like female Royal Blood :neutral:, and then I swear there's a line in one of the songs where she sounds exactly like Sharon Osbourne :eek::lol:

Yeah, it's all over the shop - a decent amount is good, then a couple are generic pop, some is almost (can you corroborate?) like female Royal Blood :neutral:, and then I swear there's a line in one of the songs where she sounds exactly like Sharon Osbourne :eek::lol:
Agreed. I really do like the song Leach but their attempt at "I'm Afraid of Americans" leaves much to be desired.

Bloc Party - Silent Alarm Live....? I’m a little confused by this. Rough Trade have posted it as a new release - Google suggests it was out in April but RT have a release date of yesterday :confused: Is US release just later for this one?

Amazon also saying it's a July 12th release. Ah, it was a record store day release originally...
Thanks, I should’ve twigged with the April date.

They’re also saying the (thoroughly enjoyable) Petrol Girls album was out yesterday - I posted about that last week after seeing it was supposedly out in May. Yours confused, NJ

Last edited:
So this week's stuff I been mostly listenin to...

Penelope Isles - low-fi slightly psych indiepop. Really, really enjoyable!
Kaina - R'n'B with occasional divergences into oriental electronica. Great voice!
Purple Mountains - Berman is back and as good as ever...
Kyle Craft - it's a good listen but not much of a departure from his previous two albums.
Africa Express - South Africa explored this time, as opposed to west Africa. Gruff Rhys features. Very good!
Tiny Changes - it's very good. All tends toward white indie rock though. Would be nice to hear Kanye's "Keep Yourself Warm" or Snoop's "The Modern Leper".

Not on @Arkle list, but I’m very much looking forward to the creep show album tomorrow.
It’s a collaboration between Stephen Mallinder ( Cabaret Voltaire/ wrangler ) and John Grant.
Two tracks from in on Spotify are great. Very electro funk with great vocals.
They’ve just announced a UK tour, playing the Boliershop October 12th.

Back