New Music Releases Thread

Haven't heard Foals' new one yet, it's a shame if its not that good. Veronica Falls are canny mind, I'll have to give their new one a listen. Wavves' new album's out next month aswell. Sail to the sun and Demon to lean on are two pretty good singles.

The Family Cat's retrospective collection double album thing should be listened to by all youthful indie types...

Wahey! Where did THAT come from?!? Haven't even seen any of their stuff on CD for ... maybe ever!? One of the finest live bands I've ever seen, and overall one of the most under-rated. Just had a quick read, only Fred still seems to be making music, though another two are helping others.

Wahey! Where did THAT come from?!? Haven't even seen any of their stuff on CD for ... maybe ever!? One of the finest live bands I've ever seen, and overall one of the most under-rated. Just had a quick read, only Fred still seems to be making music, though another two are helping others.

No idea where it came from or why but it is excellent. Disc 1 is a best of mostly and disc 2 is Peel sessions, alternate versions, unreleased stuff etc. I have Magic Happens on CD but everything else previously was vinyl.

They were excellent live! Something about three guitars that works...

Any good? I've got it lined up as my next listen.

Got Foals on at the minute, hate how the two singles are right at the beginning. :neutral: It still feels like a bit of a let down.

Aye it's pretty good like

At lot more sombre than the first album.

No idea where it came from or why but it is excellent. Disc 1 is a best of mostly and disc 2 is Peel sessions, alternate versions, unreleased stuff etc. I have Magic Happens on CD but everything else previously was vinyl.

I've only got cassettes (but have a cassette player in the car) plus I'm sure I still have a live set on VHS somewhere. There's some good bits on Youtube but not the show I've got (hopefully, somewhere).

Any good?

It is quite a bit different in sound to the first album The Afterman: Ascension (and previous coheed albums), they've busted out the horns & get some funky rhythms happening & electronica.

I can't pick a "bad" song off the album, so that's obviously a good thing. It should keep you happy if you're a Coheed fan. I thoroughly like the Afterman double album and was glad to hear them go somewhere different with the second part.

Get it listened too marra.

There was earlier stuff on CD - I have the Steamroller EP and the Furthest From the Sun album too. Tell Em We're Surfing was only vinyl though, I think (I had to convert that myself)

Any good mate? Saw that it got a good review on Pitchfork.

I think so, I'm not a huge punk/hardcore fan but certain bands and albums stick with me. I loved New Brigade and this is the same energy and style but just to a higher standard.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to see them in Sheffield on the 27th.

Back