New Music Releases Thread

There are new albums this week from Billy Howerdel, BTS, Carrie Underwood, Grace Ives, Joyve Manor, Liss, Vance Joy, Xylo, Yann Tiersen, Avalanche Kaito, Utopia Strong, Kelley Stoltz, Shearwater, L'Exotighost, Vieux Farka Toure, Dream Syndicate, Deliluh, Maria Chiara Argiro and Congotronics International.

There are new albums this week from Billy Howerdel, BTS, Carrie Underwood, Grace Ives, Joyve Manor, Liss, Vance Joy, Xylo, Yann Tiersen, Avalanche Kaito, Utopia Strong, Kelley Stoltz, Shearwater, L'Exotighost, Vieux Farka Toure, Dream Syndicate, Deliluh, Maria Chiara Argiro and Congotronics International.
Nothing jumping out at me there (which isn’t necessarily a bad thing because I’m still wading through the 5 releases in my library from last week). Any recommendations? I think Billy Howerdel, BTS and Carrie Underwood are the only artists I’ve heard of from the list.

Nothing jumping out at me there (which isn’t necessarily a bad thing because I’m still wading through the 5 releases in my library from last week). Any recommendations? I think Billy Howerdel, BTS and Carrie Underwood are the only artists I’ve heard of from the list.

You might like Shearwater. Americana-ish indie rock. They've been around for 20 years plus. Also, The Dream Syndicate who are kind of psychedelic alt rock. They were part of the Paisley Underground movement in the US in the 80s.

Beyond that, I'll be giving a listen to Vieux Farka Toure, Avalanche Kaito and Congotronics International (African music), Utopia Strong (Steve Davis' electronica project), Yann Tiersen (French composer) and maybe Deliluh (post-rockish alt rock) and Maria Chiara Argiro (ambient synth/jazz stuff).

That's about the ones I was listening to, based on the rave reviews they get on here. All a bit 'meh' tbh.
Yeah, same here. I quite liked Pierre Chauvin because that was a little more like the very old stuff, but it's not really a full band album, just him messing around on his own and recording it on a boom box. Last proper one that I really liked was Transcendental Youth which was probably 10 years ago at this point. Albums like Heretic Pride, Sunset Tree, Tallahassee, All Eternals Deck, I think were good, and All Hail West Texas is probably my favorite lo-fi album of all time), but yes, recently a bit meh, with a decent track here and there

Got recommended this album a couple weeks ago, really quite good and only half hour long. Got a couple of good write ups in places like Resident Advisor. If you like Bonobo or Bicep or that sort of thing you'll most likely enjoy this.

Back