New Music Releases Thread

I spoke to someone at a label yesterday who said the lead time for vinyl production is now 8 months and the plants won’t even discuss an order til the masters are fully delivered :eek:

Albums being mastered this week are unlikely to see a physical release til March 2022 at the earliest. Indie labels especially who rely on direct to consumer, bundles and in store performances won’t even consider releasing until the vinyl is on order. Major dearth of new albums incoming.
trashcan sinatras second album getting reissued on coloured vinyl soon, have had to notify people that colour change due to the ship getting stuck in Suez canal few months ago -
' Due to the Suez crisis, there has been a sizeable shortage of colour pellets for the record industry and our manufacturers ran out of the necessary pellets for all runs '.

trashcan sinatras second album getting reissued on coloured vinyl soon, have had to notify people that colour change due to the ship getting stuck in Suez canal few months ago -
' Due to the Suez crisis, there has been a sizeable shortage of colour pellets for the record industry and our manufacturers ran out of the necessary pellets for all runs '.

Yeah it's carnage like

The last thing artists and labels need after 18 months or so of shite luck!

That's what happened to Mogwai as well - the plant had run out of red so the physical release was put back months. I'm still waiting for 2-3 things that I ordered back in March/April - it's hard to keep track of what you've ordered and what you've received in the meantime.

The first track that Radio 1’s Rickie, Melvin & Charlie played last night was something called Surveillance by Blanco & NSG. I wasn’t particularly listening but I could have sworn that they mentioned Aiden McGeady. Sure enough, when I looked up the lyrics there is the line ‘red and white, Aiden McGeady’. As Blanco is described as a drill rapper from Kennington South London, does anybody have any idea why he should reference AIden McGeady?

The first track that Radio 1’s Rickie, Melvin & Charlie played last night was something called Surveillance by Blanco & NSG. I wasn’t particularly listening but I could have sworn that they mentioned Aiden McGeady. Sure enough, when I looked up the lyrics there is the line ‘red and white, Aiden McGeady’. As Blanco is described as a drill rapper from Kennington South London, does anybody have any idea why he should reference AIden McGeady?
No idea, and Google doesn’t help

seems it also references Craig Bellamy and Wayne Hennessey

:lol: That's class.

There are new releases this week from Alan Vega, Billie Eilish, Dam Funk, Durand Jones & the Indications, Isaiah Rashad, Leela James, Los Lobos, LUMP, Prince, Torres, Yola, Sam Mehran, Big Big Train, Son Volt, Alex Rex, Bleachers, Sister John, Charlie Parr, John Francis Flynn and Gemma Cullingford.
Son Volt and Kyle Falconer for me.

The Gemma Cullingford record is great and right up my street.
She’s one half of dance/ punk funk band Sink ya Teeth who are also great.
This I’d say is slightly more dancier than the SYT stuff which is definitely not a bad thing.

The Gemma Cullingford record is great and right up my street.
She’s one half of dance/ punk funk band Sink ya Teeth who are also great.
This I’d say is slightly more dancier than the SYT stuff which is definitely not a bad thing.

It's on my list (both the one above and the list in my brain of albums to listen to this week). I should also point out that there's a new Sonny & the Sunsets album, which probably only interests me.

It's on my list (both the one above and the list in my brain of albums to listen to this week). I should also point out that there's a new Sonny & the Sunsets album, which probably only interests me.
Mate even if does only interest you, what a band name it is !

Some odds and sods on my radar today :

Partial Traces - alternative/guitar/synth - description said they "evoke JAMC, Cocteau Twins, Wedding Present merging noise and melody with intricate guitars and tidal feedback," so I was all over it. Spoiler - doesn't sound like any of them to me, but I quite like it.
Olivia Kaplan - pretty, acoustic-y, laid back female vocal. I'd file under nice or pleasant
Tubs - an EP of catchy indie jangle from former members of Joanna Gruesome. Prefer JG but it's decent (don't know if this is today or if we have a time lag on this one in the US)
Chats - silly, childish teen/20s punk from Australia. It's not going to win the Mercury but it's quite chuckle-worthy and engaging if you enjoy that kind of vibe (definitely a lag on this one as Spotify says it was last year - Rough Trade have it as a physical US release today)
Jim Lauderdale - country/Americana - haven't got to this one yet
Some odds and sods on my radar today :

Partial Traces - alternative/guitar/synth - description said they "evoke JAMC, Cocteau Twins, Wedding Present merging noise and melody with intricate guitars and tidal feedback," so I was all over it. Spoiler - doesn't sound like any of them to me, but I quite like it.
Olivia Kaplan - pretty, acoustic-y, laid back female vocal. I'd file under nice or pleasant
Tubs - an EP of catchy indie jangle from former members of Joanna Gruesome. Prefer JG but it's decent (don't know if this is today or if we have a time lag on this one in the US)
Chats - silly, childish teen/20s punk from Australia. It's not going to win the Mercury but it's quite chuckle-worthy and engaging if you enjoy that kind of vibe (definitely a lag on this one as Spotify says it was last year - Rough Trade have it as a physical US release today)
Jim Lauderdale - country/Americana - haven't got to this one yet

Chats was indeed mentioned on here last year - I didn't check back that far! :oops:

Last edited:

Back