New Music Releases Thread

same here, music at work to me is more about not hearing the rest of the office rather than the music itself.
Exactly this - I noticed that listening at home seems (according to Spotify, at least) to have skewed my listening compared to listening at work, regarding genre. At work I have a lot of monotonous wall of noise stuff on, to block things out, and I'm an editor, so I don't want good lyrics taking my attention from what I'm reading. There would normally have been much more Mogwai, Ministry, Front 242, etc, in my mix, but this year it was apparently Grace Petrie, BODEGA, Frank Turner, and (umm) The Waltones. I think I've done more listening in lunch breaks and after work, going for walks, pottering around the house, and mowing the lawn, rather than coming home and flopping down in front of the TV.

Loving ghost lawns. New hatebreed is topper too. But obviously a niche market 😂. Again thanks to all on this thread. It’s my go to for new music these days.
Loving ghost lawns. New hatebreed is topper too. But obviously a niche market 😂. Again thanks to all on this thread. It’s my go to for new music these days.
This is confirmed by Spotify as I apparently listened to 736 new artists this year 😳

Last edited:
It's one I'm kind of looking forward to. Lanegan and Calexico also and the Sigur Ros live album, which seems to be an orchestral thing they did at the Barbican in the early 2000s.

Edit: Alex Maas is the singer from The Black Angels so his album could interest some people.
Glad you mentioned that about Alex Maas, because I was thinking there was nothing of interest for me this week.

Back