New Music Releases Thread

Had a listen to the Billy Nomates album while out for a walk earlier and found it more enjoyable than I expected based upo her earlier output. Decent listen.

I can't get away with that Protomartyr album depsite it's popularity on here.

I've listened to a couple more albums, both mentioned earlier in the thread:

Duma - the Kenyan extreme metal lot I posted about a week or two back. It's fascinating but not sure I'd listen to it on a lovely afternoon stroll.
Endless Boogie - essentially a quadruple album of oddities. Some of it is great! It lasts for 3 hours or so, meaning it's not for skeptics.
Swans are a difficult listen like. Should I persevere or are they for wankers?

I think they're worth persevering with.

Last edited:
I've listened to a couple more albums, both mentioned earlier in the thread:

Duma - the Kenyan extreme metal lot I posted about a week or two back. It's fascinating but not sure I'd listen to it on a lovely afternoon stroll.
Endless Boogie - essentially a quadruple album of oddities. Some of it is great! It lasts for 3 hours or so, meaning it's not for skeptics.

I think they're worth persevering with.

Right I’ll listen to Soundtracks for the Blind from beginning to end tonight then.

There's a melange of new releases this week from All We Are, Biffy Clyro, Burna Boy, Kathleen Edwards, King Buzzo, No Joy, Robbie Krieger, Whitney (a covers album), Young Jesus, Holly Humberstone (an EP), James Dean Bradfield, Orville Peck (an EP), Jim Bob, Bruce Hornsby and Fantastic Negrito.

There's a melange of new releases this week from All We Are, Biffy Clyro, Burna Boy, Kathleen Edwards, King Buzzo, No Joy, Robbie Krieger, Whitney (a covers album), Young Jesus, Holly Humberstone (an EP), James Dean Bradfield, Orville Peck (an EP), Jim Bob, Bruce Hornsby and Fantastic Negrito.
There’s a new King Gizzard single (I assume it’s a single, but with them you never know) as well. Excited about that and for Fantastic Negrito.

Holly Humberstone seems to be getting a lot of press - someone I went to school with produced that EP and was a very talented musician at school. Used to play with his band Dog Is Dead (much ridiculed name and changed to DID.)

From what I’ve heard not really my thing but think she could be quite popular and a bit of a breakout star

Never heard of them before, do all of their songs sound like they've had Technique by New Order on repeat in the studio? Not a bad thing.

its a bit of a mix. They’ve only put out a few tracks from forthcoming debut but it’s either electronic or post punk like this, their first release.

Back