New Music Releases Thread

Mentioned Worriers above when talking about Ratboys. Decided to see what they were up to and notice that they also had a new album, You or Someone You Know, out in March - just started it, so I can't report (1.5 tracks in and it's probably my bag). I posted about them a couple of times on here in 2017 for their previous album, Survival Pop, which I really liked (it was kind of punky early Bangles).
I really like the new record, actually think i prefer it to survival pop which i wasn't expecting to given how much I hammered that when it came out. Saw them at the cluny a couple of years back when they supported tigers jaw and they were great.

Just seen that there was a Japandroids live album out last week, I do like me some Japandroids but I hope this doesn't count as their one album every five years or however long they take. Twice as long as their normal albums as well so they probably won't release a new one for a decade now.

Just seen that there was a Japandroids live album out last week, I do like me some Japandroids but I hope this doesn't count as their one album every five years or however long they take. Twice as long as their normal albums as well so they probably won't release a new one for a decade now.
It was originally out on the 19th but they delayed as they didn’t want it to come out on Juneteenth.

Interesting interview here with a guy who runs a DIY record label. Talking about how lockdown has affected things, he reckons it's been quite good for the label - people finding time to listen to new stuff - but disastrous for his band. And, by extension, putting a question mark over the recording studios and venues that support all this. Worrying times for a lot of people, I guess; short on practical ways forward, though.

More at Keeping the beat alive

Back