New Music Releases Thread

It's the only record of hers that I’ve listened to! Which is her best?
I like me oh my best, although it's very 60s organ at times. Crab days is very good but can seem quite arty on first listen. It's all angles. I'm wondering if my lack of reward enthusiasm is cos of the mercury. She's great live if you get a chance

Let's say I wasn't hugely impressed with this album on first listen. Then again, I haven't been hugely taken by the Nick Cave one either - so far. will give them both another listen to see what I'm missing.

5 from me;

Sturgill Simpson
W. H. Lung
Rosalie Cunningham
Of Monsters and Men
Moon Duo.

Currently enjoying Kayleigh Goldsworthy, Caroline Polacheck, Sam Fender, The Sherlocks, Dave Monks, Floating Points and MUNA

The Sam Fender album is excellent. Will he be deemed as credible by the trendy blogs, maybe not but as far as debut albums go, its a great album.

Caroline Polachek is good, enjoyed a lot
Vagabon didn’t grab me at first, loved the last (first?) record so will give it another shot
Floating Points is mega

Vagabon is more of a grower I reckon - it’s a complete sonic sea change from Infinite Worlds and defo took me a minute to get on board with.

Polachek’s is a belter, though. So Hot You’re Hurting My Feelings is one of the purest unabashed pop tunes in ages. Haim on roids :lol:

Not too fussed on the new Neil Young on first listen, which is a shame as i generally love his crazy horse stuff.
Jimmy Eat World is surprisingly good, sounds like a throwback to the sound of futures era and their best record in years.
The new White Reaper is great, no fuss 3 minute tunes in the vein of cheap trick.

Not too fussed on the new Neil Young on first listen, which is a shame as i generally love his crazy horse stuff.
Jimmy Eat World is surprisingly good, sounds like a throwback to the sound of futures era and their best record in years.
The new White Reaper is great, no fuss 3 minute tunes in the vein of cheap trick.
Got this downloaded to my phone but haven’t got round to listening yet. Been too caught up with The Muffs and the new side project from the Supersuckers’ Eddie Spaghetti (Franklin County Shipping Company - humorous sleazy cheesy country rock)

A big bag of new releases this week from Allison Moorer, Amon Tobin, Ancient Shapes, Anna Meredith, Black Marble, Brooke Candy, CIgarettes After Sex, FIt For An Autopsy, FKA Twigs, Grace Potter, Little Scream, Longwave, Mayhem, Mikal Cronin, Neil Young & Crazyhorse, Norma Jean, Rex Orange County, Steve Hauschildt, Sunn O))), Swans, Underworld (although Amazon have this down as November 1st), Van Morrison, Young Guv, Zonal (The Bug plus Justin from Godflesh), two volumes of Josh Homme's Desert Sessions, Lankum, Sean O'Hagan, Simon Joyner, Hawkwind, Garcia Peoples, Fader and Songhoy Blues (an EP).
First record was great

I'm liking the second one. Prefer it to the Caroline Polachek album that everyone's loving.

Back