New Music Releases Thread

I’m a bit late to the party on these but the new Asteroid#4 album is brilliant.
Psyche, 60s hazy pop ( I think I’d call it )

Excellent stuff.

Quite enjoyed the Tomberlin and Jo Passed records

Yeah, liking Tomberlin a lot. Kathryn Joseph's new album is also good, although it's a little bit Joanna Newsom making a Kate Bush record. Giant Sand's rerecording is fun. The War & Treaty have made a proper country-soul album. And, Odetta Hartman's album is very good, if a tad Joanna Newsom making a Tom Waits album.

I'm off to Green Man later so probably won't get a chance to listen to these new releases until I'm back. Anyway new releases this week from Animal Collective, Ariane Grande, Austin Lucas, Blue October, Circles Around The Sun, Conner Youngblood, Cullen Omori (ex Smith Westerns), Cults, Death Cab For Cutie, Dragon Inn 3, Great Lake Swimmers, Justin Hiltner & Jon Weisberger, Lil Pump, Mitski, Oh Sees, Papa M, Slaves, Still Corners, Trevor Powers and Anna Meredith.

I'm off to Green Man later so probably won't get a chance to listen to these new releases until I'm back. Anyway new releases this week from Animal Collective, Ariane Grande, Austin Lucas, Blue October, Circles Around The Sun, Conner Youngblood, Cullen Omori (ex Smith Westerns), Cults, Death Cab For Cutie, Dragon Inn 3, Great Lake Swimmers, Justin Hiltner & Jon Weisberger, Lil Pump, Mitski, Oh Sees, Papa M, Slaves, Still Corners, Trevor Powers and Anna Meredith.
Much much better

Not many there I’m familiar with (just Deathcab and Slaves), any recommendations?

Yeah I’ve seen the Oh Sees mentioned on here a lot but never actually listened to them so I’ll do that tomorrow!
There was an article/interview with him (John Dwyer) in a recent Mojo and it got me wanting to dive into them/him. Just be aware there's a few slightly confusing variations of names he has recorded under - primarily Oh Sees, The Oh Sees, Thee Oh Sees, OCS.

Back