New Music Releases Thread

The Mint Field record is very good

Mexican shoegaze

Never been intrigued by two words as much as I am by 'Mexican shoegaze'.

Also Mastersystem, featuring one of the Editors, his brother from Minor Victories, and the brothers from Frightened Rabbit - new track yesterday, Notes on a Life Not Quite Lived. Album out April 6.

Off to see Frabbit play Midnight Organ Fight in Brooklyn tomorrow night.

Should have said, Mastersystem is on Spotify as of today - it's heavier than FR. I quite like it on the first couple of listens. The album is going to be called Dance Music. Cluny 4/26

Never been a massive fan of their stuff but both times I've seen Frightened Rabbit they've been excellent. Hazel from Lanterns on the Lake came on stage and sang Fuck This Place with Scott when I saw them a few years back, it was pretty great.

Good to see Scott seems to be back on track after an iffy few years as well.

Following on from the liminanas and C.A.R records I’ve been really enjoying this year, I’ve stumbled across a new release from fellow French Indy, dance, Pyscho band VoX LoW.
Highly enjoyable if the above is your thing.

Kid at work went to see the insecure men at rough trade a couple of nights ago in a freebie in store do. He liked it. He also had the parquet courts countdown app on his phone and was excitedly watching it count down at bait time. We were all intrigued and the tension was mounting......it got to zero and nowt happened. About five minutes later he got a text from a totally different source telling him theyd announced a new album or tour or summit! Total wind up the countdown thing and he was gutted as they’re his fave band atm!

I may give Neon Waltz at Omeara a miss tonight as the mrs is Poorly and the weather shite, plus I saw all three bands last week. Very good btw so if you’re near.....

Loads of new stuff tomorrow after a quiet week last week. Deep breath: Andrew WK, Anna von Hausswolff, Gwenno, Joan Baez, Jonathan WIlson, Julian Barbagallo (Tame Impala drummer), Lucius, Lucy Dacus, Moaning, Moby, Rolo Tomassi. Soccer Mommy, Sonny Smith (from Sonny and the Sunsets), Sunflower Bean, Suuns, The Breeders, The Men, Titus Andronicus, Tracey Thorn, UB40, Richard Youngs, Superorganism, E Ruscha V, Raf Rundell, Sean Kuti & Egypt 80, Buffalo Tom, Darling West.

Loads of new stuff tomorrow after a quiet week last week. Deep breath: Andrew WK, Anna von Hausswolff, Gwenno, Joan Baez, Jonathan WIlson, Julian Barbagallo (Tame Impala drummer), Lucius, Lucy Dacus, Moaning, Moby, Rolo Tomassi. Soccer Mommy, Sonny Smith (from Sonny and the Sunsets), Sunflower Bean, Suuns, The Breeders, The Men, Titus Andronicus, Tracey Thorn, UB40, Richard Youngs, Superorganism, E Ruscha V, Raf Rundell, Sean Kuti & Egypt 80, Buffalo Tom, Darling West.
Impressive

Anna VH, Jonathan Wilson, Lucy Dacus, Sunflower Bean, Breeders and Titus Andronicus for me. And maybe Sean Kuti for a bit of Afro beat

will seek out the breeders there mate for old timesies, and that jonathan has done some canny songs in the past iirc, very reminiscent of csn a couple of them imo. gwenno's last platter was all right and i've seen suuns a couple times but nothing they've done has matched their debut to me own ears. but aye canny week for the releases there. haway the releases there

Impressive

Anna VH, Jonathan Wilson, Lucy Dacus, Sunflower Bean, Breeders and Titus Andronicus for me. And maybe Sean Kuti for a bit of Afro beat

Most of that lot plus The Men and Buffalo Tom for me. And Suuns and Sonny Smith. Also, I'll listen to the Andrew WK album for shits and giggles.

As an aside, from unpromising beginnings, last week's releases were pretty good. Go-Kart Mozart is one for the discard pile but Olden Yolk, S, Carey, The Lovely Eggs, The Low Anthem, Grant Lee Phillips and Insecure Men all good to excellent.

Will have to give this a listen - I know he's been around for ages, but I only know him as the town busker in Gilmore Girls :oops: He's the opener when I go and see Kristin Hersh in a couple of weeks.

Aye, Grant Lee Buffalo released their debut album (Fuzzy) in 1993. One of the few bands I got into after an appearance on Later with Jools Holland. They made 4 albums and I think this is Grant's 9th solo.

Mightn’t be the most hip thing to profess these days, but really looking forward to new Moby record. Loved him from day 1 and nothing he’s released has made me change my mind.

So there.

Mightn’t be the most hip thing to profess these days, but really looking forward to new Moby record. Loved him from day 1 and nothing he’s released has made me change my mind.

So there.
I’m a big Moby fan too! You never really know what his next record is going to sound like (apart from 18 being an attempt to relocate Play).

I’m a big Moby fan too! You never really know what his next record is going to sound like (apart from 18 being an attempt to relocate Play).

You’re not wrong. This one looks like he gone back to downbeat electronica / gospel vocals. A move away from his last record which was all fast punk, which I also really enjoyed.

Didn't see mention of it during week of release, but I just caught up on a new album from Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. Looks like it (Young Adult) was out around Jan 19. Not really heard any of his stuff since the first album. Wouldn't say it blew me away. It was OK. Just posting it as an FYI.

Most of that lot plus The Men and Buffalo Tom for me. And Suuns and Sonny Smith. Also, I'll listen to the Andrew WK album for shits and giggles.

As an aside, from unpromising beginnings, last week's releases were pretty good. Go-Kart Mozart is one for the discard pile but Olden Yolk, S, Carey, The Lovely Eggs, The Low Anthem, Grant Lee Phillips and Insecure Men all good to excellent.
Ooh buffalo Tom. Didn’t know they were still going tbh! Remember seeing them the night kurt cobain was found. Played talights fade first for him.

Back