New Music Releases Thread

Well, it's a tad redundant but this week's new releases come from Bjork, Noely G's HFB, Sufjan, SECT (vegan straight edge hardcore) and a Weird Al boxset. Bjork and Sufjan for me.
It’s the long awaited (extended) re-release of the Andy & The Odd Socks album tomorrow too. I assume it will be the most listened to in my house over the weekend!

Not new music but Bruce Springsteen just released the July 3rd 1988 Sweden show from the Tunnel of Love tour. I will wait until cyber Monday (November 27th) to buy it hopefully at 1/2 price.
The 1/2 price sale for all released Springsteen shows has already started - got this show for $4.98 today. Excellent value.

My favourite records of the year:

1. Alex Cameron
2. Tigers Jaw
3. Ryan Adams
4. Beck
5. Trivium
6. Spoon
7. Lo Tom
8. Sorority Noise
9. Colter Wall
10. Matthew Sweet

Honorable mentions for Mac DeMarco, White Reaper, The National, Brand New, Rozwell Kid, Pallbearer, War on Drugs, Dave Bazan

BBC's sound of 2018 list is out. Only heard of three this time (Khalid, IAMDDB & Rex Orange County).

Alma
Billie Eilish
IAMDDB
Jade Bird
Khalid
Lewis Capaldi
Not3s
Nilufer Yanya
Pale Waves
Rex Orange County
Sigrid
Sam Fender (North East lad)
Superorganism
Tom Walker
Yaeji
Yxng Bane

Not sure Khalid really needs to be on this list either when you compare his stature to the rest. One of his songs on youtube has 173 million views. His album got really good reviews as well, I thought it was pretty bland.

The Sufjan album is very good, particularly given that it's basically a grab bag of alt mixes and tracks that didn't make the album. 'Wallowa Lake Monster' is a particular highlight. Bjork's album is interesting. Possibly a tad overlong and I'd say it lacks a bit of warmth.

The Sufjan album is very good, particularly given that it's basically a grab bag of alt mixes and tracks that didn't make the album. 'Wallowa Lake Monster' is a particular highlight. Bjork's album is interesting. Possibly a tad overlong and I'd say it lacks a bit of warmth.
Concurred

Not into Bjork yet, it’s a grower I think

I like to make sure my old music still gets played, so I don't manage to listen to that many new releases. My top 10 of the year is selected from hearing just 25 new albums. Despite having reservations about even hearing the Mogwai album, they've made it. The Moonlandingz was a recommendation I picked up on from this thread. Cheers!

1. Richard Dawson - Peasant
2. The Flaming Lips - Oczy Mlody
3. Thurston Moore - Rock N Roll Consciousness
4. Slowdive - Slowdive
5. The Moonlandingz - Interplanetary Class Classics
6. The Jesus & Mary Chain - Damage And Joy
7. Ride - Weather Diaries
8. Mogwai - Every Country's Sun
9. Tricky - Ununiform
10. The Horrors - V

I like to make sure my old music still gets played, so I don't manage to listen to that many new releases. My top 10 of the year is selected from hearing just 25 new albums. Despite having reservations about even hearing the Mogwai album, they've made it. The Moonlandingz was a recommendation I picked up on from this thread. Cheers!

1. Richard Dawson - Peasant
2. The Flaming Lips - Oczy Mlody
3. Thurston Moore - Rock N Roll Consciousness
4. Slowdive - Slowdive
5. The Moonlandingz - Interplanetary Class Classics
6. The Jesus & Mary Chain - Damage And Joy
7. Ride - Weather Diaries
8. Mogwai - Every Country's Sun
9. Tricky - Ununiform
10. The Horrors - V
Some good choices there. Flaming Lips was a bit crap sadly

Three big names with releases on December 1st (which is the first day of December): Van Morrison, Neil Young (and Promise of the Real) and U2. Elsewhere, there's new stuff from Miguel, Chris Stapleton, Nicholas Krgovich, Hans Chew (looking forward to this), Chief Keef and Alien Stadium.

A bit disappointed with the Steve Mason / Martin Duffy Alien Stadium EP.
It's alright but the lead single is far better than the rest.

Back