New Music Releases Thread

Tomorrow's new releases... something of a bumper week with new stuff from The War On Drugs, Queens of the Stone Age, Iron & Wine, Gogol Bordello, Filthy Friends (Peter Buck and Corin Tucker plus others), Nadine Shah, EMA, A$AP Mob, Cymbals, Hype WIlliams, Liars, Oh Sees (digital), Widowspeak, The Fresh & Onlys, Jack Cooper (from Ultimate Painting), Angelo de Augustine, Walter Trout, Emma Russack, Chris Forsyth & the Solar Motel Band.

There's a lot there worth listening to!

Tomorrow's new releases... something of a bumper week with new stuff from The War On Drugs, Queens of the Stone Age, Iron & Wine, Gogol Bordello, Filthy Friends (Peter Buck and Corin Tucker plus others), Nadine Shah, EMA, A$AP Mob, Cymbals, Hype WIlliams, Liars, Oh Sees (digital), Widowspeak, The Fresh & Onlys, Jack Cooper (from Ultimate Painting), Angelo de Augustine, Walter Trout, Emma Russack, Chris Forsyth & the Solar Motel Band.

Top class!

New cribs record is decent in my eyes, class how they got to #8 in the album charts with no mainstream backing.

Looking forward to listening to War on Drugs' new stuff

QOTSA and Gogol Bordello for me, Filthy Friends if I have time.

Speaking of ultimate painting, anyone off to see them next week supporting Parquet Courts?

Have you listened to his albums? His style of rapping is quite shambling. From my recollection his band were great and I loved it. Nadine Shah, from Whitburn, supported and I didn't enjoy her set at all. Love Ghostie though.

not since the gig. I liked the stuff I'd listened to that's why I went. I will give him another go. Went to see Kendrick at the Academy about the same time. He was okay.

QOTSA, Brockhampton, War on Drugs, Action Bronson and Oh Sees are the stand outs for me. Line up looks great, it's the best day for almost a week until Mogwai and LCD Soundsystem.

Even more importantly, the new Taylor Swift song's out tonight :cool:

QOTSA and Gogol Bordello for me, Filthy Friends if I have time.

Did you say you were a fan of Action Bronson or have I made that up? New album (finally) out tomorrow.

QOTSA, Brockhampton, War on Drugs, Action Bronson and Oh Sees are the stand outs for me. Line up looks great, it's the best day for almost a week until Mogwai and LCD Soundsystem.

Even more importantly, the new Taylor Swift song's out tonight :cool:

Did you say you were a fan of Action Bronson or have I made that up? New album (finally) out tomorrow.

There's always one I miss. (two in this case with Brockhampton)

September seems to be a busy month generally for new albums and October looks like it may be similar.

You are correct. I hadn't realised he had a new one out, but Facebook seem to have unfollowed a number of bands/artists on my behalf so I think that's how I've missed it.

There's always one I miss. (two in this case with Brockhampton)

September seems to be a busy month generally for new albums and October looks like it may be similar.

I've started jotting down names and dates when I see them because metacritic does seem to miss an album I'd be interested in once in a while. Although in this case Brockhampton only announced their album three days ago and Action Bronson's was listed on there a month or two ago but it's been moved back three or four times this year.

Didn't even notice that another King Gizzard album was released last week until I saw something on Spotify earlier today. It's probably easier to just assume that they've released a new album every week at this point.

I've started jotting down names and dates when I see them because metacritic does seem to miss an album I'd be interested in once in a while. Although in this case Brockhampton only announced their album three days ago and Action Bronson's was listed on there a month or two ago but it's been moved back three or four times this year.

Didn't even notice that another King Gizzard album was released last week until I saw something on Spotify earlier today. It's probably easier to just assume that they've released a new album every week at this point.
Don't listen to the King Gizzard record

For your own good

Is the Oh Sees album any good? Mark Riley wanks off over them .I quite like some of the stuff I've heard but not all. Not sure whether to pull the trigger.

Back