New Music Releases Thread

The Holy Bible is a masterpiece

In my opinion, considering everything they had been through, the suicide of Edwards and their young manager dying of cancer. To comeback with a record so perfect lyrically, visually and musically puts it in the masterpiece draw to me.
Wouldn't argue on Holy Bible either.

In my opinion, considering everything they had been through, the suicide of Edwards and their young manager dying of cancer. To comeback with a record so perfect lyrically, visually and musically puts it in the masterpiece draw to me.
Wouldn't argue on Holy Bible either.
Oh it's a great album. Design for Life is a stunning stunning track, felt remarkable at the time. After that they became a bit average

Oh it's a great album. Design for Life is a stunning stunning track, felt remarkable at the time. After that they became a bit average

Yeah, everybody band has 'their time' and I think that was certainly theirs.
At that time and previous to that, I just thought they were a stunningly relevant and important band. Loved the way they showed how it was ok to be massively working class yet still be into literature, art and poetry as opposed to the horrendous laddy option offered by Albarn and Gallagher.
Sorry for how pompous and profound that probably reads !!

Yeah, everybody band has 'their time' and I think that was certainly theirs.
At that time and previous to that, I just thought they were a stunningly relevant and important band. Loved the way they showed how it was ok to be massively working class yet still be into literature, art and poetry as opposed to the horrendous laddy option offered by Albarn and Gallagher.
Sorry for how pompous and profound that probably reads !!
I fully agree

That Girl Ray record is an enjoyable listen, though I feel it may become pretty unforgettable. They also sound frustratingly like another girl band that I can't quite put my finger on. Help me out..

Edit: Stealing Sheep

Last edited:
Last album was really good mate, check it out 'Futurology'

'Journal for Plague Lovers' and 'Send Away the Tigers' also worth a listen

As already said they've been up and down since Edwards.

Last album was really good mate, check it out 'Futurology'

'Journal for Plague Lovers' and 'Send Away the Tigers' also worth a listen

As already said they've been up and down since Edwards.

I think their last 4 or 5 have all had some merit to them. Basically, their only complete no go area album is "Lifeblood".

That Girl Ray record is an enjoyable listen, though I feel it may become pretty unforgettable. They also sound frustratingly like another girl band that I can't quite put my finger on. Help me out..

Edit: Stealing Sheep

Was actually Veronica Falls. Really enjoying this one as well.

Was actually Veronica Falls. Really enjoying this one as well.

I thought Stealing Sheep was an comparison as they started off as hippy folk weirdos then went electronic.

Monk Parker's new album, "Crown of Sparrows", is very good. Reminds me of the first album by The Low Anthem.

Back