New Music Releases Thread

Not new, but Whitney released an album last year called Light Upon The Lake. It's bloody lovely. Not sure if it was mentioned on here?

It is really good... with regard to new stuff:

Both Bill Baird bloody brilliant!
Gorillaz a bit ho-hum
Thurston Moore really enjoyable (for all I struggle with Sonic Youth)
Feist really good as well.

Not new, but Whitney released an album last year called Light Upon The Lake. It's bloody lovely. Not sure if it was mentioned on here?

It's a good summer album. They used to be in the Smith Westerns too - Dye It Blonde is a similar to Whitney. It's a good listen.

@Arkle

HMLTD = New Romantics + Disco + The Clash

Altogether they are very good if random.

I think we were stood next to the singers parents who look petrified. In the last song she got a snack in the face and was very thankful that a nice young man (me) asked if she was ok

Then reverted to scared again

You're clearly a nice man. Young is relative...

Sideswerving previous aspersions, Otavo Yo are one of the top 5 bands I've seen and the fact that they're a Russian folk band so the lyics are a bit weird shouln't put you off... this is the new video for their new single...

Yes swerving other stuff

I've decided that the H.Grimace album is my favourite of the year thus far. They have a free show at the Shacklewell Arms next week so clearly the general populace don't agree/are plebs

Ryuichi Sakamoto, despite being a genius, may have released a duff album. But will keep trying.

Have just discovered Land of Talk. Very good indeed. New album soon

Upcoming gigs; Wire (plus hipster support), H.Grimace, Thurston. I'm not getting old at all

Yes swerving other stuff

I've decided that the H.Grimace album is my favourite of the year thus far. They have a free show at the Shacklewell Arms next week so clearly the general populace don't agree/are plebs

Ryuichi Sakamoto, despite being a genius, may have released a duff album. But will keep trying.

Have just discovered Land of Talk. Very good indeed. New album soon

Upcoming gigs; Wire (plus hipster support), H.Grimace, Thurston. I'm not getting old at all

Aye, but Otava Yo?

Back