New Music Releases Thread

Life of Agony.

Also New Found Glory for any 15 year olds reading the thread! I remember when they first came out, my mates at school were crazy about them (we'd all got into Green Day, Blink 182 etc at the same time), but I'd progressed to Bad Religion and Pennywise by then and thought they were horrendous! I can't believe they are still going!

There are a few take my fancy. Think I'll go with LoA, Feist and Thurston. Gorillaz as back up.

I'm not up on my alt metal. Meant to mention New Found Glorey as I'd heard the name.

It's amazing what you miss when you're out of the musical loop! Life of Agony's Keith Caputo is now Mina Caputo and had full reassignment surgery in 2014!

Life of Agony.

Also New Found Glory for any 15 year olds reading the thread! I remember when they first came out, my mates at school were crazy about them (we'd all got into Green Day, Blink 182 etc at the same time), but I'd progressed to Bad Religion and Pennywise by then and thought they were horrendous! I can't believe they are still going!

There are a few take my fancy. Think I'll go with LoA, Feist and Thurston. Gorillaz as back up.
How dare you! NFG are classics of their time (the same albums sound utter shite now mind).

Buzzing for Gorillaz tomorrow. Love them! Looking forward to BNQT and Feist

Fall Out Boy have released a new song and I think it's genuinely the worst piece of music in recorded history. It's called 'Young & Menace' for anybody who wants to try it out

Been to see Cabbage tonight

I don't know what to make of them.

Positives
- they are good live and they have talent and some good songs
- they don't do encores

Negatives
- the name
- the sixth form politics
- the fact that one of them is so desperate to be Ian Curtis it's untrue
- the allegations about them the other week ("don't believe everything you read")

Been to see Cabbage tonight

I don't know what to make of them.

Positives
- they are good live and they have talent and some good songs
- they don't do encores

Negatives
- the name
- the sixth form politics
- the fact that one of them is so desperate to be Ian Curtis it's untrue
- the allegations about them the other week ("don't believe everything you read")

The fact they sexually assaulted someone from the crowd last week.

I like their music, and I admire their stage presence but they can fuck off with that shit last week, there were too many people watching for it to be lies.

The fact they sexually assaulted someone from the crowd last week.

I like their music, and I admire their stage presence but they can fuck off with that shit last week, there were too many people watching for it to be lies.
That was my last point mate

I googled it and it seemed to be one person who posted it on social media?

If true, then it's absolutely appalling.

That was my last point mate

I googled it and it seemed to be one person who posted it on social media?

If true, then it's absolutely appalling.

Aye one person who wrote out against what happened, but plenty of people who backed up the situation. It's pretty grim man, putting his hands down his pants, fiddling about then pushing a girls head towards his crotch. There's plenty of vids of the lead singer fondling about (im being kind here as well) down his pants while on stage too.

As I said on another thread, I'm a big fan of provocative acts on stage, and bands that force a reaction, but for fuck sake, you have to draw a line when it comes to the shit they've been up to. Entertainment aye, making people uncomfortable aye, but what they've (he's) done is step steps beyond that.

Where did you see them anyway?

Aye one person who wrote out against what happened, but plenty of people who backed up the situation. It's pretty grim man, putting his hands down his pants, fiddling about then pushing a girls head towards his crotch. There's plenty of vids of the lead singer fondling about (im being kind here as well) down his pants while on stage too.

As I said on another thread, I'm a big fan of provocative acts on stage, and bands that force a reaction, but for fuck sake, you have to draw a line when it comes to the shit they've been up to. Entertainment aye, making people uncomfortable aye, but what they've (he's) done is step steps beyond that.

Where did you see them anyway?
Fair enough, I only heard about it today. And I was stood at the back tonight, but seemed to behave. Off to see HMLTD next week who are apparently a bit odd as well

Dingwalls, was a new venue for me. It's canny. Apart from it was a 14+ gig. So every time you ordered 2 pints you needed 2 people over 18 there for some f***ing reason

Watching a bloke go "I'm f***ing 57 and you won't serve me 2 pints because my 56 year old mate is not at the bar? Fuck off man" was quite entertaining. If utterly f***ing ridiculous

Fair enough, I only heard about it today. And I was stood at the back tonight, but seemed to behave. Off to see HMLTD next week who are apparently a bit odd as well

Dingwalls, was a new venue for me. It's canny. Apart from it was a 14+ gig. So every time you ordered 2 pints you needed 2 people over 18 there for some f***ing reason

Watching a bloke go "I'm f***ing 57 and you won't serve me 2 pints because my 56 year old mate is not at the bar? Fuck off man" was quite entertaining. If utterly f***ing ridiculous

:lol: REALLY?!

Last time I was in Dingwalls (about a yr ago) that wasn't a rule, though they were always really tight on ID checks. I assume they've been knicked selling underage and are having to go by the book.

So 1 person 1 drink basically? That's a tad daft.

Back