New LA Noire video

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was good but it could have been alot better and alot longer. too much focus on graphics (which were stunning) and online gaming imo

im really looking forward to LA noir but trying not to get my hopes up too much as there seems to be pattern these days that games look brilliant but are then found to be quite short and disappointing

la noire is supposed to be about 25-30 hours long.

Don't wanna burst any bubbles, but it's not as good as it looks (so far).

Hope it gets better, but so far it looks very very nice with average gameplay (and you can't skip f***ing cutscenes when the game crashes :evil:). I'm just hoping the first bits are to ease you into the game or summit. (never read any reviews on it so not sure what I'm expecting).

I really don't get the interrogation bits either, most of it just seems like pot luck whether you get the correct option or not :neutral:

Don't wanna burst any bubbles, but it's not as good as it looks (so far).

Hope it gets better, but so far it looks very very nice with average gameplay (and you can't skip f***ing cutscenes when the game crashes :evil:). I'm just hoping the first bits are to ease you into the game or summit. (never read any reviews on it so not sure what I'm expecting).

I really don't get the interrogation bits either, most of it just seems like pot luck whether you get the correct option or not :neutral:

Your suppose to use your head man:lol: its not going to hold your hand and point you to the clues. Alough i think it does do something like this if you get some badge or something.

Your suppose to use your head man:lol: its not going to hold your hand and point you to the clues. Alough i think it does do something like this if you get some badge or something.

I was using my head. Some lass was looking git f***ing shifty, looking around the room, moving her eyes to the corners which means she is lying in the real world. Confronted her and turns out she wasn't. Wtf?!?

Some you can do no problems, but most you just haven't got a f***ing clue. Took me about 10 goes to get the training one right.

Get most right, but it's more pot luck and just guessing what *I* think the story line will be than actually watching the witness and picking up whether they are lying or not.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1168433p1.html

IGN have just realised their review of it - Gave it an 8.5 citing repetitive cases and a bit of a haphazard story as their main reasons for what is a fairly low score for a game with this much hype.

Also said it will only take anywhere from 12-20 hours to complete; with little to no replay value as well. This isn't sounding as good as everyone expected it to be so far.

Last edited:
Was gonna get this but I doubt there'll be much replay value in it. I expect more than just a short story mode.

Was gonna get this but I doubt there'll be much replay value in it. I expect more than just a short story mode.
By modern standards anything upwards of 15 hours is generally a long game; and with all the side missions in this game I suspect it'll be somewhere nearer the 30-35 for people who like to take their time.

had a feeling it would be quite average like. again the focus is on how it looks rather than the actual game

IGN have just realised their review of it - Gave it an 8.5 citing repetitive cases and a bit of a haphazard story as their main reasons for what is a fairly low score for a game with this much hype.

Also said it will only take anywhere from 12-20 hours to complete; with little to no replay value as well. This isn't sounding as good as everyone expected it to be so far.

It's not a bad game, but it's not brilliant either. Def worth playing through but will be zilch replay ability. There is fuck all to do bar the quests and the odd radio call you get (which takes 5 minutes to complete).

I was hoping that the first few missions were just to get you "into" it before it kicked off. Sounds like it isn't and the missions are pretty basic.

I also find it a bit daft that they have created this HUGE city with nothing to do. You can't even fuck about during missions because you get a shit report at the end for f***ing about crashing etc..

Since when is 8.5 an average score like:lol: its got 5 out of 5 on giantbomb.com who normally have the same type of tastes as me.

i dont trust conventional gaming websites like IGN and definetly not the official magazines/website reviews.

i wait for feedback from others if i wasnt already preordering it

The more I read about this te more I reckon it looks like a rental, gonna lovefilm it

It's not a bad game, but it's not brilliant either. Def worth playing through but will be zilch replay ability. There is fuck all to do bar the quests and the odd radio call you get (which takes 5 minutes to complete).

I was hoping that the first few missions were just to get you "into" it before it kicked off. Sounds like it isn't and the missions are pretty basic.

I also find it a bit daft that they have created this HUGE city with nothing to do. You can't even fuck about during missions because you get a shit report at the end for f***ing about crashing etc..

Sounds like a another Mafia 2 then, great.:roll:
Was gonna cancel my pre order just now but it's already been despatched.:neutral:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back