New Build Homes - Best companies?

I live in a Persimmon house. It’s ok. Suits our needs, although certain elements you can see where they skimped a bit. Ours is heading towards 20 year old mind, and I’m sure someone once told me Persimmon were a bit better back then than now.

A new estate going up in seaham ready for next year by miller if that’s something you’d be interested in.

Seems quite pricey. Is it a nice part of Seaham?
I looked at the same style Charles church site behind the old miners rescue station. Not much difference. ….one other thing, I know it’s nice to get a shiny (ha) nee house but personally I’d be looking at a couple of years old when all the snags are complete……..like Mine😂😂
Wishful thinking where Persimmon are concerned.

When they first put the roundabout in there was loads of idiots driving up North Road and going the wrong way round the roundabout. Well worth the risk of a head on collision to save two seconds.
Several time when I’m pulling out they just don’t /can’t stop. It will take a death then the powers will act with speed bumps ,camera or lights. Persimmon had an independent assessment and offered to reduce build numbers by 18 (ha)which the council rejected.Sadly it will be to late for someone.
Think it was nearly 3 years before Taylor Wimpey sorted out my noisy ceilings. Had to argue like fuck to get them to do it as well. Shithouses.
Think you’re on my brothers estate. His is canny…

Story
Homes by carlton
Charles church
Bellway

Cheaper option but good aftercare not as good a finish is keepmoat

First home was Keepmoat newbuild, very few snags and was spot on for 6yrs no major issues and nice finishes.

Moved into a Persimmon newbuild, no major snags but lots and lots of little ones, finishes nowhere near as neat as keepmoat. The good thing so far is its all just been decorative type stuff and flooring company issues - finally all snags from the list cleared after 15mnths living here, let's hope no major snags appear and no pipes come loose anywhere now I've said that...

Avoid:
Taylor Wimpey (the worst)
Persimmon (mostly shite)

Linden is mixed from what I’ve seen, but definitely a step up from the above two.

Story Homes bang on from what I’ve seen. A cut above.
We have a Taylor Wimpey house and can’t fault it. The paint on the skirtings is shite but everything else has been bang on.

We had a Bellway flat in 2007 and it was horrendous - our snagging list was full of stupid things like no handle on one side of the bath (just 2 holes), a missing hanging rail in the wardrobe, a massive hole in the back of the living room door - none of which had been picked up in their pre handover quality checks. Soundproofing was non-existent as well, soundproofing between adjoining rooms in our current house is better than the soundproofing between us and the flat above in our Bellway flat!

Several time when I’m pulling out they just don’t /can’t stop. It will take a death then the powers will act with speed bumps ,camera or lights. Persimmon had an independent assessment and offered to reduce build numbers by 18 (ha)which the council rejected.Sadly it will be to late for someone.

Think you’re on my brothers estate. His is canny…
It's ok now but getting that major snag sorted was a ball ache. The tried to bodge it twice.

Heard positive things about Miller Homes, which is rare for new build developers!
We had a relatively long snag list but we were very, very picky with it to see what we could get away with. They sorted everything without a single bit of push back.

First home was Keepmoat newbuild, very few snags and was spot on for 6yrs no major issues and nice finishes.

Moved into a Persimmon newbuild, no major snags but lots and lots of little ones, finishes nowhere near as neat as keepmoat. The good thing so far is its all just been decorative type stuff and flooring company issues - finally all snags from the list cleared after 15mnths living here, let's hope no major snags appear and no pipes come loose anywhere now I've said that...
Bought a keepmoat house many years ago when they were called Haslam, they were excellent

Bought a new Persimmon house in 2016. Lots of cosmetic issues needed doing but it is solid structurely. Yet to cost me a penny in repairs, even all but a couple of the original lightbulbs are still going strong.

Back