New Boiler Cost

Just had mine done in November last year
Baxi 830, 10 year guarantee with magma filter.
Straight swap out, new flue kit and a bit jiggery with the pipe work because it was opposite to the old Vokera it replaced £2200 all in.

If you have an old system you don’t want to be power flushing it, you risk creating holes where they weren’t any, totally unnecessary, the magma filter will catch any shite in the system.

The Baxi boiler I know is around £1-£1.2k
They’re the best about, don’t get a Worcester-Bosch, massively overpriced.

Good luck.!

Mate they’re not, they’re the most expensive so people think they’re the best.
All the internals are cheap plastic, Baxi use brass, last longer cost a lot less and come with up to 10 years warranty
Theres a reason which? magazine gives Worcester bosch best boiler every year like. Unless baxi have massively upped their game in the last couple years this is dreadful advice.

Just had mine done in November last year
Baxi 830, 10 year guarantee with magma filter.
Straight swap out, new flue kit and a bit jiggery with the pipe work because it was opposite to the old Vokera it replaced £2200 all in.

If you have an old system you don’t want to be power flushing it, you risk creating holes where they weren’t any, totally unnecessary, the magma filter will catch any shite in the system.

The Baxi boiler I know is around £1-£1.2k
They’re the best about, don’t get a Worcester-Bosch, massively overpriced.

Good luck.!

Mate they’re not, they’re the most expensive so people think they’re the best.
All the internals are cheap plastic, Baxi use brass, last longer cost a lot less and come with up to 10 years warranty
1. Baxi Boilers do not cost a lot less , the 830 range costs more than the Worcester Bosch Cdi Compact & are on par with the new 4000 range - both come with 10 year warranties
2. Worcester Bosch have been awarded best boilers by independent Which for 11 years running

1. Baxi Boilers do not cost a lot less , the 830 range costs more than the Worcester Bosch Cdi Compact & are on par with the new 4000 range - both come with 10 year warranties
2. Worcester Bosch have been awarded best boilers by independent Which for 11 years running
Do you rate both Baxi and Worcester Bosch marra?

Seeing as this is a General thread now...

@Daffy any idea how far you can miss your annual service by with potterton and keep your 7 year warranty? Mine was due in the summer, but my guy retired and I forgot!
Should be fine as long as you get it done asap
usually they ask if it’s been serviced in last 12 months

My mate is a plumber/Gas fitter and he uses and suggests Baxi all the time ( including his own house)
Same as the fella who fitted my Baxi combi in 2000 and serviced it last year. When he serviced it he showed me the internals of the boiler and said that most other boiler had plastic components compared to the metal in the Baxi.

Mate will be putting in our new boiler next week, will be another Baxi like our current one which has given us no bother.

My mate is a plumber/Gas fitter and he uses and suggests Baxi all the time ( including his own house)
I worked in fm on the asset and energy side for years mate, had hundreds of baxis and worcesters. Wouldnt have a baxi in my house if you paid me, pretty much guaranteed maintenance issues in the future

I worked in fm on the asset and energy side for years mate, had hundreds of baxis and worcesters. Wouldnt have a baxi in my house if you paid me, pretty much guaranteed maintenance issues in the future
I had a Baxi Solo boiler which lasted 25 years despite only being serviced twice and that was the only cost which I incurred during that time.

Well you say I'm guaranteed bother yet had none with mine.
Why would a gas fitter of 30 plus years keep fitting them, let's be honest he wouldn't want the grief or hassle from customers if they kept breaking down.

We fit virtually all Worcester around 400 a year, very very reliable with very few issues long term, the main provision in fitting any new boiler is up to date servicing. Worcester after care is very very good for any issue.
all modern boilers are loaded with plastic hydraulics,
I wouldn’t touch ideal with a barge pole they are awful boilers

Well you say I'm guaranteed bother yet had none with mine.
Why would a gas fitter of 30 plus years keep fitting them, let's be honest he wouldn't want the grief or hassle from customers if they kept breaking down.
Can only give you my experience like, i know our maintenance guys hated them. Ended up replacing every one on one of our clients estates which paid for itself on reduced call outs and downtime

It's a subject that divides opinion based upon personal experience. I know installers that largely fit one of Worcester, Baxi or Ideal.
I tried to edit my post to say....maybe it's down to simple economics?
If a fitter gets a better deal on a Worcester he's gonna fit the Worcester, and vice versa with Baxi etc?
That would be the logical explanation for one plugging a certain brand over all others I would think

Back