New Boiler Cost

Too expensive
Get another quote or two

Must have seen you coming
On this. I've just been quoted £4900 to fit a new boiler and 6 radiators (that I'll be supplying, some cast iron, some column with a couple moving to a Different wall).

Surely that's well over the top?

On this. I've just been quoted £4900 to fit a new boiler and 6 radiators (that I'll be supplying, some cast iron, some column with a couple moving to a Different wall).

Surely that's well over the top?
Sounds expensive , especially if you are supplying the radiators
What boiler is it marra ?

Sounds expensive , especially if you are supplying the radiators
What boiler is it marra ?
It was an ideal vogue max 32. Hadn't totally decided on the boiler so that was on for the quote purposes.

They quoted 4300 4 months ago (didn't happen due to other work being delayed) to supply 3 raditors and fit everything else. So it's gone upo 600 odd quid in 4 months to supply 3 less rads and fit them. Feel like they're trying a fast one.

Last edited:
It was an ideal vogue max 32. Hadn't totally decided on the boiler so that was on for the quote purposes.

They quoted 4300 4 months ago (didn't happen due to other work being delayed) to supply 3 raditors and fit everything else. So it's gone upo 600 odd quid in 4 months to supply 3 less rads and fit them. Feel like they're trying a fast one.
Pm me if your after an alternative quote

I wonder if we're talking about the same thing, but I couldn't get the water hotter than lukewarm in my flat. Called the fella, came the next morning and put a new one in. Total cost was around ₤70. There's no heating to deal with, just the water. Took him about three hours. This is in China mind.

Wouldn't touch an ideal.. couple of family members got them and both had problems with them.. not old boilers either

Probably got more work on now so over pricing as they can afford to push prices up due to demand

Probably got more work on now so over pricing as they can afford to push prices up due to demand
I dont think that's it, they have a sooner slot available than before.

Just seems alot when they're supplying not one radiator. 5 grand ffs.
Wouldn't touch an ideal.. couple of family members got them and both had problems with them.. not old boilers either
12 year warranties on them seems to be the selling point when they try and get you to have one.
Literally had it done yesterday. Old Domicondens taken out and new 30kw Baxi fitted, £2030.
This is what I mean. I know it isn't this simple. But I'm getting quoted 5k to change the boiler and fit 7 radiators that I'm buying seperate!

Last edited:

12 year warranties on them seems to be the selling point when they try and get you to have one.
Probably..Still wouldn't touch

This is what I mean. I know it isn't this simple. But I'm getting quoted 5k to cha ge the bailer and fit 7 radiators that I'm buying!
We offer 12 year warranties on Worcester Bosch

I know of their bad reputation but both houses I have owned (new builds) have had them in. First one I lived in for 10 years and had no problems whatsoever. Second one needed a part replacing after four years which cost me £140 but no more problems in two years since.

When replacing I will probably go for a Worcester bosch though as they always seem to be the most recommended on here.

Last edited:
Seeing as this is a General thread now...

@Daffy any idea how far you can miss your annual service by with potterton and keep your 7 year warranty? Mine was due in the summer, but my guy retired and I forgot!

Just had mine done in November last year
Baxi 830, 10 year guarantee with magma filter.
Straight swap out, new flue kit and a bit jiggery with the pipe work because it was opposite to the old Vokera it replaced £2200 all in.

If you have an old system you don’t want to be power flushing it, you risk creating holes where they weren’t any, totally unnecessary, the magma filter will catch any shite in the system.

The Baxi boiler I know is around £1-£1.2k
They’re the best about, don’t get a Worcester-Bosch, massively overpriced.

Good luck.!
I

When replacing I will probably go for a Worcester bosch though as they always seem to be the most recommended on here.
Mate they’re not, they’re the most expensive so people think they’re the best.
All the internals are cheap plastic, Baxi use brass, last longer cost a lot less and come with up to 10 years warranty

Last edited:
Straight swap out, new flue kit and a bit jiggery with the pipe work because it was opposite to the old Vokera it replaced £2200 all in.

If you have an old system you don’t want to be power flushing it, you risk creating holes where they weren’t any, totally unnecessary, the magma filter will catch any shite in the system.

Good luck.!
Same system and warranty I got put in couple years ago

I think there's an element of this.

Struggling to even get anybody round to look so will just have to bite the bullet I think.

10 year warranty on the boiler so I should be alright in terms of keeping the thing working.

Cheers lads and lasses.
PM and I’ll give you the name and number of the lad who did mine…….if that’s allowed on here.?
Same system and warranty I got put in couple years ago
Can’t have your hand under the hot tap at anything more than half way on the dial with mine, it’s brilliant.
Have the brain set to keep the house no lower than 18 degrees.
It sounds like it will be on all day but it’s not, because the temp is up there it uses less gas ticking over than it would if the house was cold and it was running full bore to heat the house because they modulate themselves, unlike old combi’s that were either on or off

Last edited:

Good luck.!

Mate they’re not, they’re the most expensive so people think they’re the best.
All the internals are cheap plastic, Baxi use brass, last longer cost a lot less and come with up to 10 years warranty
Aw well. I will just wait amd see and do some research at the time. Hopefully it will be atleast another 5 years.

Good luck.!
Absolutely identical to what we had done yesterday, probably a bit less pipework jiggery.

Onflow from
PM and I’ll give you the name and number of the lad who did mine…….if that’s allowed on here.?

Can’t have your hand under the hot tap at anything more than half way on the dial with mine, it’s brilliant.
Have the brain set to keep the house no lower than 18 degrees.
It sounds like it will be on all day but it’s not, because the temp is up there it uses less gas ticking over than it would if the house was cold and it was running full bore to heat the house because they modulate themselves, unlike old combi’s that were either on or off
Yeah I changed from a potterton conventional to the combi and it's been a fantastic choice. Mind you my potterton I didn't have much bother with. One pump and couple circuit boards in 18 years. Just wanted to change to combi or probably would of still been running lol

Back