New Boiler Cost

Baxi has a better loyalty scheme giving hundreds back for fitting their boilers
Do Worcester not do that.?
If I've been shafted and I'm spouting shite, well that's my tuff titty, but I'd be surprised, I do know personally and trust 3 of the lads who quoted me and the one who did the work, I didn't know the other 3 but they were personally recommended.....one of them did try to tell me to go for the 400 for the same price I got the 830 for

We have a water tank in the loft, a big boiler thing in the cupboard on the landing, and what I assume is a combi downstairs in the utility.
I can't wait to get rid of the tank and boiler thing for a more economic and modern system. Apart from anything else I'll have more room for shite in the loft. Or I can actually move some of the shite up there. Either way.
Exactly the same here, gravity fed system. The hot water pressure is shit. Had a fella round tonight as we were wanting the boiler moved and I’m gonna just get a new boiler and have the old crap ripped out.

Why? It comes with a 10 year warranty, and it can’t be as bad as the Vokera it replaced.
Spot on the new ideals fit hundreds a year never had any issues, the bad name comes from its predecessor the ideal isar which was poor due to its condensate design, it’s the best selling boiler in the uk by a mile atm everyone fits them, I also repair boilers so I know what boilers breakdown and the cost of fixing them, you’ll not go wrong with an ideal.

Why? It comes with a 10 year warranty, and it can’t be as bad as the Vokera it replaced.
Spot on the new ideals fit hundreds a year never had any issues, the bad name comes from its predecessor the ideal isar which was poor due to its condensate design, it’s the best selling boiler in the uk by a mile atm everyone fits them, I also repair boilers so I know what boilers breakdown and the cost of fixing them, you’ll not go wrong with an ideal.
Got my house renovated last year & the boiler had to be replaced & rehoused. The firm was someone with a good name locally, worked with a lot of the other tradespeople who I know & worked on my house. Sure he recommended & fitted an ideal in my house.

Had my Ideal 7 and a half years and had no bother whatsoever with it

Could never work out why the isar was so bad, yet the icos was nowhere near as much bother. I must have fitted a million isar boards when I was on the tools.

You got a link to prove that claim ?
Worcester Bosch have regularly been the biggest boiler manufacturer in the UK

Got a problem with my boiler and need it replacing ASAP.

Been quoted ÂŁ3,330 for:

New Glowworm Ultimate 30 combi
Powerflush current heating system
Moving gas pipes and rerouting to new boiler location
Capping gas at current locations
Removal of current boiler

Reckons it's 3 days work....

Does this sound about right? Feels expensive to me
Solar panels
Air source heat pump

Or a mini nuclear reactor.

You got a link to prove that claim ?
Worcester Bosch have regularly been the biggest boiler manufacturer in the UK

Don’t know if it adds to the numbers that are being spoken about, but Persimmon & Charles Church use Ideal’s in every single new build across the country

Don’t know if it adds to the numbers that are being spoken about, but Persimmon & Charles Church use Ideal’s in every single new build across the country
All add to the numbers
Buy in bulk at contract price very little warranty

I suspect the preference for different makes is more about commission than anything else, but I suppose if the engineer you use prefers a certain one he will likely be more competent at servicing it.
The engineer will prefer the bonus/commission his supplier is offering more than his ability to be able to service or repair it 3years down the line it will be outdated and sh**e you really need one of these
If it isn't broke don't fix it/change it

Don't doubt you but there are some people unable to comprehend that brands can improve. Skoda for example were a laughing stock as recently as 15 years ago and now they are some of the best built cars you can get.

I tried to edit my post to say....maybe it's down to simple economics?
If a fitter gets a better deal on a Worcester he's gonna fit the Worcester, and vice versa with Baxi etc?
That would be the logical explanation for one plugging a certain brand over all others I would think
Totally correct

Back