New Boiler Cost

BOXT were good earlier this year. Worth doing a quote on their website.
My boiler packed up last December. All the local guys either didn't turn up to quote or couldn't do it till February. I got in touch with Boxt, they gave me an excellent quote, came out and fitted it the following week. 10 year warranty on boiler took 2 days to complete, well pleased.

Don't doubt you but there are some people unable to comprehend that brands can improve. Skoda for example were a laughing stock as recently as 15 years ago and now they are some of the best built cars you can get.
Def true of Ideal
They had a bad name with the Icos however the newer Logic models etc are very good

I'd like a recommendation for someone to give me a quote to replace a heat only/conventional boiler, @Daffy maybe if your not busy, I was in the building game up until 4 years ago so know a little about this.
I rang a lad I'd knew from school, gas fitter, unfortunately he's had leukemia, he recommended a bloke who hasn't shown up, I know the heat exchanger is goosed on mine, it is almost 24 years old so not worth repairing.

I'd like a recommendation for someone to give me a quote to replace a heat only/conventional boiler, @Daffy maybe if your not busy, I was in the building game up until 4 years ago so know a little about this.
I rang a lad I'd knew from school, gas fitter, unfortunately he's had leukemia, he recommended a bloke who hasn't shown up, I know the heat exchanger is goosed on mine, it is almost 24 years old so not worth repairing.
We used a lad called Andy who works for himself : Orca Gas Serivices n in Fulwell if local n ex British Gas n absolutely spot on work n prices.

My boiler packed up last December. All the local guys either didn't turn up to quote or couldn't do it till February. I got in touch with Boxt, they gave me an excellent quote, came out and fitted it the following week. 10 year warranty on boiler took 2 days to complete, well pleased.
What was the excellent quote?

Hi mate
Where you based ?

I could give you a quote
Depends how quick you need it done , I’m on summer break atm
Not back till early Sept
Ahh shit, been broke since Wed, don't expect lads to drop everything but ASAP, September is too long mate cheers anyway.

Anyone else?

Cost us over £2.5k but that was changing from the clapped out back boiler to a combi. Some pipes needed changing, wall bricking up, flue pipe higher up.

A like for like replacement would be cheaper.

Back