Netflix Hints At Password Sharing Crackdown As Subscribers Fall

It doesn’t work when you login at somewhere, that is not your own household it says have you moved or are you travelling?
I got the email below only last weekend when my youngest son used our login details to sign into Netflix in the lodge he was staying in.

He got access with no problems at all.

1697723725924.png

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
That’s how it’s meant to be isn’t it?

Skys top one is just Netflix premium; it’s locked to a single household.
My Mother gets Netflix 'free' with her SKY package - we use it, as does our youngest lad in his room.

He also logged on to it when he was away in a lodge with his girlfriend last weekend.

It can't be locked to a single household if that can happen.

Episode 9 of series 1 (series 3 really) of Topboy wasn’t on my perfectly legal firestick for some reason.

I was going to get the free trial of Netflix so I could watch it on there but they don’t seem to do the free trial anymore. I’m not paying £4.99 to watch one episode.

They're taking their time about it.

We've been using my Mam's for well over 6 months now, and before that she used ours when we got Netflix free with our Virgin deal.
I use my son's account and he lives in Malaysia. I switched on last week and an on-screen message said "we don't think this TV is part of your family". Yes I suppose there is a bit of distance between KL and Sunderland. :)
It worked on my phone but not the TV. They sent an email to my son who authorised my IP and it worked again. So it looks like there is a get out if they stop you.

Back