Netflix Hints At Password Sharing Crackdown As Subscribers Fall

about 10 miles away I reckon so prob not
how did they contact you?
When someone logs in there's a message saying something along the lines of "is this the subscriber's IP address" to which I answered yes so that links my account to my IP address. When my dad logged on he got a message saying it's not the accounts IP address so jog on. You could maybe ping pong but I'd suspect they would flag that as suspicious activity and I'd guess it means you can't watch at two places simultaneously. I just added my dad as an extra member of my account, think it's £5 per month with ads, £8 per month with no ads.

When someone logs in there's a message saying something along the lines of "is this the subscriber's IP address" to which I answered yes so that links my account to my IP address. When my dad logged on he got a message saying it's not the accounts IP address so jog on. You could maybe ping pong but I'd suspect they would flag that as suspicious activity and I'd guess it means you can't watch at two places simultaneously. I just added my dad as an extra member of my account, think it's £5 per month with ads, £8 per month with no ads.
We originally had four different profiles set up - one for us, one for our young 'un, one for my Mam and another for when the Grandkids come round.

They're all still there and, up to now, as long as everyone uses their own specific profile, we can all watch at the same time.

I share an account with my daughter, won't let me use my TV but still allows laptop to connect.
I think the rule is that you can connect mobile devices from anywhere, such as laptops, tablets and phones, but you can't connect a smart TV or firestick.

My daughter is at uni and views Netflix fine on mobile devices.
The only way around the mobile issue would be that the mobile device would have to check in via the registered IP address periodically, say once every 6 months.
There are so many issues with tracking IP addresses I think they've just decided to ignore the mobile issue and concentrate on the TV based viewing to stop household sharing.

I think the rule is that you can connect mobile devices from anywhere, such as laptops, tablets and phones, but you can't connect a smart TV or firestick.

My daughter is at uni and views Netflix fine on mobile devices.
The only way around the mobile issue would be that the mobile device would have to check in via the registered IP address periodically, say once every 6 months.
There are so many issues with tracking IP addresses I think they've just decided to ignore the mobile issue and concentrate on the TV based viewing to stop household sharing.

My son watches my Sky on his Sky go on his phone. He has unlimited data too so doesn’t have to worry about usage.

We originally had four different profiles set up - one for us, one for our young 'un, one for my Mam and another for when the Grandkids come round.

They're all still there and, up to now, as long as everyone uses their own specific profile, we can all watch at the same time.
Yeah, I did that, it's only since they clamped down on the IP address that I can no longer do that. Presumably they realised I can't be in two places 150 miles apart at the same time, most of the time.

Yeah, I did that, it's only since they clamped down on the IP address that I can no longer do that. Presumably they realised I can't be in two places 150 miles apart at the same time, most of the time.
But if you're paying fur two or more screens there shouldn't be a problem if someone is watching 150 miles away.

But if you're paying fur two or more screens there shouldn't be a problem if someone is watching 150 miles away.
I was sharing with my parents for years in the way @Jap Stammer suggested, then I had to nominate an IP address to be the home address so those multiple logins didn't work if they weren't at that home IP. It was only after that I added my dad as an extra member of my account so he can continue to use Netflix.

Back