NEPL 2021 Season

Felling v Burnopfield and Shotley Bridge v Philadelphia both games off on Saturday (1sts and 2nds) apparently, due to people having to isolate due to Covid.

I was talking to Ollie McGee yesterday who came to watch his brother against Burnopfield. By the by, the successive maximums Ben smote off JDT's bowling were even better than some of the shots I've seen the great Jacques play over the years. Anyway, Ollie said the Sacriston lads point blank refused to play, saying they didn't feel "safe;" would they have taken a similar stance against Washington or Whitburn I wonder...

As for the question should unplayed games be ignored and the table based on a PPG basis, or counted as abandoned with 5 points each? I am agnostic about this, though I'm sure the NEPL will ensure whatever decision they make with benefit Chester le Street and South North.

I was talking to Ollie McGee yesterday who came to watch his brother against Burnopfield. By the by, the successive maximums Ben smote off JDT's bowling were even better than some of the shots I've seen the great Jacques play over the years. Anyway, Ollie said the Sacriston lads point blank refused to play, saying they didn't feel "safe;" would they have taken a similar stance against Washington or Whitburn I wonder...

As for the question should unplayed games be ignored and the table based on a PPG basis, or counted as abandoned with 5 points each? I am agnostic about this, though I'm sure the NEPL will ensure whatever decision they make with benefit Chester le Street and South North.
Hadn’t one member of the SN tested positive for CV meaning him and the rest of the SN side should have been self isolating? They had played the night before as well.

If that’s the case then I believe Sacriston were well within their rights not to play given the current rules in place.

Last edited:

Back