NEPL 2021 Season

Five weeks & 4 games in, I have to say I'm a big fan of the new format so far. Alright so there are minor quibbles about an early start meaning games are over by 6.30 at the latest & aesthetic questions about coloured clothing, but I think the 50-over games make for more attacking cricket. Also, there is an incentive for losing sides to try & amass as many points as possible, because of the league format. With 2 sides going down, teams aren't just throwing in the towel, as 7 or 8 points can make for a good loss. For instance on Saturday, Washington were 103/6 chasing an improbable 264 at Tynemouth. Instead of having a daft dash & subsiding for 120 or so, Colledge & Ash Thorpe dug in to end on 202/6. Nowhere near winning, but full batting points secured.

I think I'm right in saying the top 4 of each Division go forward as quarter finalists in the Salver & Bowl. Not sure if there is a draw or not. Division 1 is tight; 4 from 6 to qualify & only 4 points between them.

Five weeks & 4 games in, I have to say I'm a big fan of the new format so far. Alright so there are minor quibbles about an early start meaning games are over by 6.30 at the latest & aesthetic questions about coloured clothing, but I think the 50-over games make for more attacking cricket. Also, there is an incentive for losing sides to try & amass as many points as possible, because of the league format. With 2 sides going down, teams aren't just throwing in the towel, as 7 or 8 points can make for a good loss. For instance on Saturday, Washington were 103/6 chasing an improbable 264 at Tynemouth. Instead of having a daft dash & subsiding for 120 or so, Colledge & Ash Thorpe dug in to end on 202/6. Nowhere near winning, but full batting points secured.

I think I'm right in saying the top 4 of each Division go forward as quarter finalists in the Salver & Bowl. Not sure if there is a draw or not. Division 1 is tight; 4 from 6 to qualify & only 4 points between them.
Surprised people are twisting about finishing at half 6!

What impact will the latest government guidance in relation to Covid have on Tynemouth fulfilling their fixtures? Is grassroots sport exempt or are people not allowed to travel into or outside of North Tyneside. I think Tynemouth would be the only club impacted with the stricter restrictions, this could also affect umpires and players from other clubs who reside in North Tyneside.

What impact will the latest government guidance in relation to Covid have on Tynemouth fulfilling their fixtures? Is grassroots sport exempt or are people not allowed to travel into or outside of North Tyneside. I think Tynemouth would be the only club impacted with the stricter restrictions, this could also affect umpires and players from other clubs who reside in North Tyneside.
What guidance is that? We are playing Tynemouth 2XI tonight.

One of 8 areas where only essential travel is allowed.
Match tonight should definitely off.
Probably would be for weather anyway.

Going to mess the league's up for a couple of weeks as doubt games can be replayed. Also players and umpires who live in North Tyneside shouldn't be able to play.

Do the points get shared or will it go down as abandoned?

Back