'Negative' Nick Barnes.

The Sniper

Subs Bench
Have seen posts about Barne's alleged negative attitude and have kinda sided with this viewpoint as he often seems happily animated when we do something wrong or seem about to concede. However, listening to last nights match (yes listening...cant afford away matches!) he repeatedly mentioned our keeper "spilling" the ball including memorably "spilling it around the post" to which Benno replied "its a good save". Having just seen the full length tip around the post on the highlights...what the fck is Barnes' problem? Only been listening to him since last October(ish). Is he a fckn mag?

Have seen posts about Barne's alleged negative attitude and have kinda sided with this viewpoint as he often seems happily animated when we do something wrong or seem about to concede. However, listening to last nights match (yes listening...cant afford away matches!) he repeatedly mentioned our keeper "spilling" the ball including memorably "spilling it around the post" to which Benno replied "its a good save". Having just seen the full length tip around the post on the highlights...what the fck is Barnes' problem? Only been listening to him since last October(ish). Is he a fckn mag?

Yes. He is.

Benno isn’t a mag shall we say

Benno "I've just got a feeling Rochdale are gonna make a mistake at the back. I could be wrong though"

Barnes "What makes you think that? What have you seen so far to suggest that might happen? "

*silence*

Barnes "Have you see anything that makes you think Rochdale are going to make a defensive mistake Gary?"

*silence*

Barnes "as the ball is cleared and is chased by Charlie Wyke...."

Benno "I've just got a feeling Rochdale are gonna make a mistake at the back. I could be wrong though"

Barnes "What makes you think that? What have you seen so far to suggest that might happen? "

*silence*

Barnes "Have you see anything that makes you think Rochdale are going to make a defensive mistake Gary?"

*silence*

Barnes "as the ball is cleared and is chased by Charlie Wyke...."
Aye remember that anarl...about 3 seconds after goal a non subdued and only slightly smug, Benno "Told ya"

Barnes doesn't have time to watch the match. Start to finish, 2minutes gone, in the 3rd minute, approaching the 4th minute, almost 5 gone, 85 to go plus stoppage time, still in the 1st half inside 10 minutes, Sunderland 0, 9 minutes gone, Rochdale 0.

He mustn't get open return train tickets.

He does always seem over the moon when we are not doing well. Leadbitter getting angry with him when he led with a question about how hostile the SOL is a week ago was telling.

My guess is he is a mag who got stuck with the SAFC beat and has to make the most of it.

Whatever he is getting paid to watch that shite week in week out, it's not enough. He must love the game.

Last edited:

Back