'Negative' Nick Barnes.

When a player has to tell him to te more appreciative of the fan base we have there is a problem in my opinion ..he angles his questions in a way which naturally seeks a negative reply..Grant was " alive " to this and in effect told him to be more appreciative of the fan base ..
Respect to Grant for doing this. The easy thing to do would be to laugh at Nick's witty comment and move on but he called it out and rightly so

Just because someone dresses in tweed jackets, acts like a vicar from the 1950s and colours in his notes real nice doesn't mean he's not a little shithouse underneath

No two ways about it. He's a shit commentator. I only have the misfortune to have to listen to him when I'm at work. If we score, it's not even clear that we have! He's got no passion or enthusiasm for what's happening on the pitch. Gary Bennett doesn't add much to the mix either.

When a player has to tell him to te more appreciative of the fan base we have there is a problem in my opinion ..he angles his questions in a way which naturally seeks a negative reply..Grant was " alive " to this and in effect told him to be more appreciative of the fan base ..

He’s a bit of a robot and if he lives all day on here or other social media outlets, without empathy he won’t be able to put what’s said into any kind of context.
People moan about their bosses, their partners, mother in laws etc etc But when it comes to it for the most part understand their role in the relationship and carry it out.
There is little or no discontent evident in the stadium.... that’s what he should assess and base his judgement on.

No two ways about it. He's a shit commentator. I only have the misfortune to have to listen to him when I'm at work. If we score, it's not even clear that we have! He's got no passion or enthusiasm for what's happening on the pitch. Gary Bennett doesn't add much to the mix either.
This, though I like Benno, at least he gets excited when we score

He was talking about something random for about 5 minutes before Rochdale scored, I think it was about a book or something, then out of the blue "...and that's a goal to Rochdale".

Does he not understand that we can't see what is happening.

Was telling lads down at Ipswich that we are in financial crisis as well without giving any further detail. Think he probably likes to make out he’s more in the know than he actually is.

Back