'Negative' Nick Barnes.

I think he's a "glass half full" guy, typically picked by his magmedia overlords for his negatory outlook.
Loves wallowing in negativity.

BBC Magmedia: "Nick, don't enthuse too much at Sunderland"

Nick Barnes: "Ahhh, what's the point I can't be bothered"

BBC Magmedia dia: "That's the spirit Nick!"

He's a tad boring (when commentating) but I wouldn't say he is overly negative. Genuinely nice bloke on the couple of occasions I've met him. Loves the lads as well*

*as in Sunderland, he doesn't just love any lads

Barnes doesn't have time to watch the match. Start to finish, 2minutes gone, in the 3rd minute, approaching the 4th minute, almost 5 gone, 85 to go plus stoppage time, still in the 1st half inside 10 minutes, Sunderland 0, 9 minutes gone, Rochdale 0.

That’s radio? You have to keep stating the obvious for the very large % of listeners that are dipping in and out of a broadcast and because there is no visual references.

Have seen posts about Barne's alleged negative attitude and have kinda sided with this viewpoint as he often seems happily animated when we do something wrong or seem about to concede. However, listening to last nights match (yes listening...cant afford away matches!) he repeatedly mentioned our keeper "spilling" the ball including memorably "spilling it around the post" to which Benno replied "its a good save". Having just seen the full length tip around the post on the highlights...what the fck is Barnes' problem? Only been listening to him since last October(ish). Is he a fckn mag?
[/QUOTE}
Grant put him right....and more importantly felt the need to do it.

Ah the glory days of guy and gatesy just seem ever further away. Perhaps there is a direct link to the ability of the commentary team and the ability of the team

Have seen posts about Barne's alleged negative attitude and have kinda sided with this viewpoint as he often seems happily animated when we do something wrong or seem about to concede. However, listening to last nights match (yes listening...cant afford away matches!) he repeatedly mentioned our keeper "spilling" the ball including memorably "spilling it around the post" to which Benno replied "its a good save". Having just seen the full length tip around the post on the highlights...what the fck is Barnes' problem? Only been listening to him since last October(ish). Is he a fckn mag?

He's always been a pompous twit who appears to have no affinity or affection for the club and especially not for the fans. I heard him trying to get a rise out of Ross in a recent interview and he laughed nervously when asking his questions, total amateur and obviously a little afraid that Ross might stick one on him.

Born in Devon, lives in Cumbria. Loves Tweed, Whiskey, Fells, Books, Railways and Pens.

He's always been a pompous twit who appears to have no affinity or affection for the club and especially not for the fans. I heard him trying to get a rise out of Ross in a recent interview and he laughed nervously when asking his questions, total amateur and obviously a little afraid that Ross might stick one on him.

Reminded me of when Moyes threatened to slap a woman journo.

The offence hunters should have done us a favour there and then and demanded his instant sacking.

Was disgraceful tbf.

Back