need urgent advice from the builders on here please.

There’s a lot of bullshit fallouts tantrums and piss taking on this forum but it remains unique IMO , when folk have problems or hit rock bottom I’ve seen umpteen scenarios where posters on here have rallied and helped out .
If it was purely a football forum it would be shit.
Well done @Gillythedilf

Only thing that can’t be done is get @tunstall birdman a date
I’ll take him out, he keeps knocking me back though.

I could sense your despair mate. Nice to know me and the lads have helped make a difference.
From day one it was difficult (for me) to miss what Chris & Mrs. were going through with this, and how things changed when you stepped in. As I've posted previously, your impact has been immeasureable. Very few things in my life have blown me away but yourself & this has, and I mean it.

Words really can't explain enough without sounding hollow.

So jumping in to say a huge thank to the Gilly and his lads. I can feel normality coming back to my home :)
I am overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity shown on this forum.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Joanne
I'm pleased that life is now showing positive signs after such a difficult phase for Chris & Yourself.
Special mention for the lass who puts his bait up(bubbly milf), behind every successful man is the woman who puts his bait up.
Literally very true, there's nowt like a woman that can put someone's bait up :lol: I've encountered one or two fearsome females around the bars.
Manage to keep your hands off him :lol:
The true stories will come out eventually :lol:

Last edited:
Have the building control coming out tomorrow to look at the work and sign it off, filled the forms in and emailed to the council, they will send me an invoice and after thats paid I think thats it all done and I am back to being legal?

Unless the building control tells me the beam is upside down, Chinese tat thats undersized as mention above :lol:

Joking aside cant wait for this part of the chapter to be closed, be a massive amount of worry gone knowing its all back to the regs and I no longer have to think about it :)

Gilly, champion grafter, local hero, hands like shovels, a mans man... wearing crocs! flashbacks to when I found out Santa wasn't real.

Little update.

Council has been and said the work is spot on, said it was a "beast" of a job, paid my fees, so all I have to do now is get building control back out after its covered with plaster board and skimmed for the 30 min fire protection and he can sign it off, a massive relief that it will be all over and done with.

With regards the dodgy builder, we had approached the law school if they could help for free, alas they cant we got this email.

Thank you for your recent enquiry.
Although the SLO is a free legal service for members of the public, we are unable to accept all referrals to us. The supervisors of the students look at each enquiry individually and assess whether it is a suitable case for the students, if the students have capacity and whether the Student Law Office has staff that have the necessary expertise in the area of law concerned. The enquiry should also have educational value to the students.
The Solicitors working in this area of law have assessed your enquiry and, unfortunately, said we are unable to assist on this occasion.

We are sorry that we are unable to assist you.

So I think thats that, time to draw a line under it, the money is gone and no chance of seeing it again, it stings a little, but I cant hand on heart accept all this help and then throw what little money we have away chasing the lost money, it would be throwing good money after bad and I still have some important jobs to sort out, which is a much better way to spend what little money we have.

Thanks to the charity of others my home is safe and we move on, no good will come of dwelling on it, Joanne doesn't know yet as she is still at work, but I hope she feels the same way and she can also let it go, with luck karma will get him one day.

Once the last few things are done I will pop on and do one last update, to close the thread, a picture showing it all finished and painted :)

Thank you all again for the PM's and support, without it I would have been a wreck.

Last edited:
Little update.

Council has been and said the work is spot on, said it was a "beast" of a job, paid my fees, so all I have to do now is get building control back out after its covered with plaster board and skimmed for the 30 min fire protection and he can sign it off, a massive relief that it will be all over and done with.

With regards the dodgy builder, we had approached the law school if they could help for free, alas they cant we got this email.

Thank you for your recent enquiry.
Although the SLO is a free legal service for members of the public, we are unable to accept all referrals to us. The supervisors of the students look at each enquiry individually and assess whether it is a suitable case for the students, if the students have capacity and whether the Student Law Office has staff that have the necessary expertise in the area of law concerned. The enquiry should also have educational value to the students.
The Solicitors working in this area of law have assessed your enquiry and, unfortunately, said we are unable to assist on this occasion.

We are sorry that we are unable to assist you.

So I think thats that, time to draw a line under it, the money is gone and no chance of seeing it again, it stings a little, but I cant hand on heart accept all this help and then throw what little money we have away chasing the lost money, it would be throwing good money after bad and I still have some important jobs to sort out, which is a much better way to spend what little money we have.

Thanks to the charity of others my home is safe and we move on, no good will come of dwelling on it, Joanne doesn't know yet as she is still at work, but I hope she feels the same way and she can also let it go, with luck karma will get him one day.

Once the last few things are done I will pop on and do one last update, to close the thread, a picture showing it all finished and painted :)

Thank you all again for the PM's and support, without it I would have been a wreck.

If I won the lottery I would gladly send you a lump sum covering all your losses.
Nobody should ever have to endure what you went through but as you are doing, write it off and try not to punish yourself. Life is too short Mate 👍

If I won the lottery I would gladly send you a lump sum covering all your losses.
Nobody should ever have to endure what you went through but as you are doing, write it off and try not to punish yourself. Life is too short Mate 👍
Such a nice thought, but there is people much worse off than me, so if you won the lottery it would be better off helping them, at the end of the day I have a roof over my head thanks to gilly and so many people dont even have that, I count myself very lucky indeed!

But thank you for the thought, yours and others posts of well wishes made all the difference, that support was much more valuable than money, funny how strangers on a message board can have such a positive effect on you.

Back