need urgent advice from the builders on here please.

Gilly should do one of those Page 7 fella calendars…him in a pair of jeans , shirt off and displaying his hairy chest, while brandishing a sledgehammer or summat

Fly off the shelves
Do you mean the shelves weren't put up properly? Ask Gilly (and his team) to sort them out.

Quite an honourable thing to do , delaying the delivery of your Lamborghini Hurracan to help out the more unfortunate in life.
He already has two of them, he's clearing space for his Nobel Good Public Deed Prize that hasn't been awarded yet. Bit like Father Ted with his Cleric of the Year prize.

Only joking, Gilly does deserve an award for his involvement with this.
Shout out to Bobby the Forearm and the other lads.
:lol:

Last edited:
100% on this.
Useless and the builder will know that, it won’t be his first rodeo with them I bet.
The problem is everyone who goes bust gets put in the same category as these fellas when most times people lose their businesses through other bigger companies going under ie Tolent, carrilion etc.
Ah nah he will know the game, knows nothings really gonna happen from any official body, more chance of someone chinning him than trading standards actually doing any action

Just caught up with this entire thread - (went from raging anger to a tear to n my eye) - what a great reflection on the majority of people who inhabit this forum and always come good on the times when help and advice is needed 👍👍 Extra big shout out to Sir Gilly and his team for the work they have done - credit to you all 🥂
I’ve just read it all again , as I was busy most of yesterday and just scanned stuff. It Is an emotional thread and I’ve had a few PM’s from people saying it’s had them in tears.

To me this is what life’s about and what it means to be human. Helping each other along .
That check a trade is waste time , daughter (no) got ripped off by tilers who were on there , then the company name just disappeared
It’s where all the Cowboys get their work . Filling in their own reviews and check a trade turn a blind eye.
Yes indeed, I know if I'm in bother in any way I can rely on the support of my friends here ♥️
Defiantly so. You can pm me anytime for help LOP as you know

Last edited:
Thanks for all the pats on the back lads and lasses. I’ve got great please in helping Chris and his family out. what’s just a small job to me has made a big positive impact on someone else.

That to me is a buzz and better than any financial gain.

Next time I see anyone scratching about or waiting for another trade etc, I’ll send them down a day here and there.

Been driving to work che. Just pulled up outside the job .
Well done Gilly lad, as others have said it’s good to know that there are still some good people out there and you are certainly one of them.

Well done Gilly lad, as others have said it’s good to know that there are still some good people out there and you are certainly one of them.
He really is mate, I cant stress enough how much of a mess we were in before the first day he popped round, I tried to put a brave face on it but we were broken, explaining to our parents that we had lost the money we borrowed, not knowing how bad it was or if it could be fixed, we were all over the place. the worst part I had no idea about any of this stuff, was so confusing trying to google it, which is why I posted in the first place.

That first visit settled us right down, just him coming round and saying its fine, it can be fixed and isnt a big deal really helped, bringing the scaffolding to make it safe meant we could sleep a little easier.

I will never forget that kindness, my lass was in a terrible state and him spending a little time to explain things made all the difference, that was priceless back then and when I got her to sign up and read the thread, she was overwhelmed by all the support. That was a turning point for her making her feel a lot better.

Said it more than once he has gone above and beyond, I sometimes feel I am taking the piss with everything he is doing for us, I am not used to accepting this much charity, but I promise when I am back on my feet I will be taking a leaf out of gillys book and trying to pay his kindness forward to someone else who is in need.

The kindness on this thread really did restore my faith in people, so much support and will wishes, I will be forever grateful for that too.

He really is mate, I cant stress enough how much of a mess we were in before the first day he popped round, I tried to put a brave face on it but we were broken, explaining to our parents that we had lost the money we borrowed, not knowing how bad it was or if it could be fixed, we were all over the place. the worst part I had no idea about any of this stuff, was so confusing trying to google it, which is why I posted in the first place.

That first visit settled us right down, just him coming round and saying its fine, it can be fixed and isnt a big deal really helped, bringing the scaffolding to make it safe meant we could sleep a little easier.

I will never forget that kindness, my lass was in a terrible state and him spending a little time to explain things made all the difference, that was priceless back then and when I got her to sign up and read the thread, she was overwhelmed by all the support. That was a turning point for her making her feel a lot better.

Said it more than once he has gone above and beyond, I sometimes feel I am taking the piss with everything he is doing for us, I am not used to accepting this much charity, but I promise when I am back on my feet I will be taking a leaf out of gillys book and trying to pay his kindness forward to someone else who is in need.

The kindness on this thread really did restore my faith in people, so much support and will wishes, I will be forever grateful for that too.
I could sense your despair mate. Nice to know me and the lads have helped make a difference.

Pressing the like button for this post seems insufficient, we all post on here ( I’m mainly on PF) put our points of view across and they aren’t always universally popular, there are plenty of WUM’s but they’re all part of the fabric of the board, but the special thing about this forum is that there is always someone out there that can help a fellow poster.
I’m not the greatest wordsmith in the world but I’m delighted to hear that you and your family are finally coming out the other side of your predicament, I get a bit emotional in my old age (not afraid to admit it) and reading of the kindness and generosity shown by @Gillythedilf plus your genuine heartfelt thanks and relief is certainly provoking an emotional response, hope things improve for you marra, never be afraid to ask.

Last edited:

There’s a lot of bullshit fallouts tantrums and piss taking on this forum but it remains unique IMO , when folk have problems or hit rock bottom I’ve seen umpteen scenarios where posters on here have rallied and helped out .
If it was purely a football forum it would be shit.
Well done @Gillythedilf

Only thing that can’t be done is get @tunstall birdman a date

Last edited:

Back