Need help with the television gurus/insurance gurus ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

You don't need amazing eyes to tell the difference between black and grey bud!
i know, you need double the price, bud.

as i say if you have money to burn and are a bit of a sad tv connoisseur go for oled. if you are sensible with your money and want a cracking 4k tv for a lot less money go non oled. is anything even broadcast in 4k anyway?

Lad I worked with years back went home pissed one Saturday afternoon lost his marbles and gave the telly a good shoeing. He got one of the sparkys to go round shorted what was left of the telly out so it got well burnt out in the back yard. He told the insurance it caught fire while the kids were watching and his first reaction was to hoy it out the backdoor, got paid out.

i know, you need double the price, bud.

as i say if you have money to burn and are a bit of a sad tv connoisseur go for oled. if you are sensible with your money and want a cracking 4k tv for a lot less money go non oled. is anything even broadcast in 4k anyway?

They aren't double though. You cant compare a cheap LED to a top of the range OLED, should be comparing like for like.

Thats like comparing a fiesta and a Porsche, you cant.

They aren't double though. You cant compare a cheap LED to a top of the range OLED, should be comparing like for like.

Thats like comparing a fiesta and a Porsche, you cant.
there or therabouts. what im saying is a non oled modern tv off the shelf these days has a cracking picture, and will do the op and most people fine. if he is feeling flush and wants a slightly better picture then yes oled is the way to go. i doubt many people would be bothered in day to day viewing between the two for what is broadcast. and your car comparison is ridiculous, we are talking tv's here.

there or therabouts. what im saying is a non oled modern tv off the shelf these days has a cracking picture, and will do the op and most people fine. if he is feeling flush and wants a slightly better picture then yes oled is the way to go. i doubt many people would be bothered in day to day viewing between the two for what is broadcast.

It's not just a slightly better pic though, you are playing down way too much.

OP has a plasma as well so will be used to a cracking picture, so LED won't be comparable for him IMO!

Confused now.
So paying more will be better for me?
as with anything the more you spend the more you get, the tv you linked earlyer is a cracking tv for the money, if you want qled it will cost you double for little gains. your best going to currys to make your own mind up imo.

i think he best make his own mind up, having heard both sides.

You're mixing up QLED and OLED now man, gonna confuse the OP even more :lol:

@bowers2 QLED is basically Samsungs marketing coy to con people who don't know (like @yamar1 it seems haha!) into thinking they are buying OLED< just from Samsung.

What size TV do you want?

If you want 55, you will be able to get an LG OLED for not too much more than a grand.

You're mixing up QLED and OLED now man, gonna confuse the OP even more :lol:

@bowers2 QLED is basically Samsungs marketing coy to con people who don't know (like @yamar1 it seems haha!) into thinking they are buying OLED< just from Samsung.

What size TV do you want?

If you want 55, you will be able to get an LG OLED for not too much more than a grand.

I’m looking at 55 mine now is 47.

My sons in 42 and looks good but wondering if a bigger screen you’ll lose out?
I don’t mind paying the extra if it is worth it?

My tv now is....
Panasonic TX-L47ET5B HD 3D TV, for a comparison on quality.

I’m looking at 55 mine now is 47.

My sons in 42 and looks good but wondering if a bigger screen you’ll lose out?
I don’t mind paying the extra if it is worth it?

My tv now is....
Panasonic TX-L47ET5B HD 3D TV, for a comparison on quality.

Plasmas were class, those Panny ones as above, class TV's! LED's were never as good.

OLED on the other hand, amazing. But it depends what you want to spend mate. Don't be swayed by people telling you a cheap 4K LED will be a "cracking picture" etc...it wont.

You are used to a class plasma, a cheap LED wont do you any justice.

I'd suggest speaking tot he insurance first, see what they will offer you. Then determine budget and we can all help you find a class set.

Plasmas were class, those Panny ones as above, class TV's! LED's were never as good.

OLED on the other hand, amazing. But it depends what you want to spend mate. Don't be swayed by people telling you a cheap 4K LED will be a "cracking picture" etc...it wont.

You are used to a class plasma, a cheap LED wont do you any justice.

I'd suggest speaking tot he insurance first, see what they will offer you. Then determine budget and we can all help you find a class set.

I’m budgeting on 1500 without insurance so I’ll get a decent one.
Your suggestion of new for old with 3d May just pay dividends so it may not be as bad.
What about this?

SAMSUNG QE55Q6FNATXXU 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR QLED TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back