Need help with the television gurus/insurance gurus ASAP

bowers2

Striker
Come home tonight to find my nephew has launched an action man through my tv.

The tv was amazing in the day a Panasonic plasma 3d it was about 2k about 6 years ago.
It’s fucked. Won’t turn on 7 flashes. Tip in the morning.

Now I read on here only other day about OLED TVs.
I have a set up for watching football and don’t have HD on sky etc.

Questions.
Is it worth the extra expense?
OLED or QLED. what is the difference? Will I see a difference!
Would I be ok with just a 4K tv
I can afford a better one upto 1500 but seen some at about 500

Gutted as my plasma was going strong and superb.

Insurance..
Worth claiming? Never had a claim EVER. so should pay out.
What is usual protocol?
How do they pay out. If I get one tomorrow will the insurance give me credit or something?
Is it worth the fanny about for a six year old tv? Will they just give me a percentage obviously they won’t make mine anymore.

Bit pissed off tonight. Poor mum is really upset so I’m not going to go on too much so please help me SMB.

I KNOW YOU LADS KNOW YOUR SHIT. FIRST PLACE TO TURN. BY KIND.

Check your policy to see if you have accidental damage and if that is new for old or market value. Market value might not be worth claiming depending on your excess.

The tv was amazing in the day a Panasonic plasma 3d it was about 2k about 6 years ago.

Questions.

Insurance..
What is usual protocol?
How do they pay out. If I get one tomorrow will the insurance give me credit or something?
Is it worth the fanny about for a six year old tv? Will they just give me a percentage obviously they won’t make mine anymore.

Bit pissed off tonight. Poor mum is really upset so I’m not going to go on too much so please help me SMB.

If you loved plasma, go for OLED.

ALWAYS use your insurance if you need to - otherwise what is the point of having it?

The payout varies by company some may try and repair (unlikely due to the age) or give you the price of an equivalent model now, so you may not get much from them.

Questions.

Insurance..
What is usual protocol?

.get a claim in.

.4k tv is more than sufficient, dont worry too much about oled, unless you have money to burn.

.the new led tvs are a lot more fragile than old plasma tvs, so be warned.

If you loved plasma, go for OLED.

ALWAYS use your insurance if you need to - otherwise what is the point of having it?

The payout varies by company some may try and repair (unlikely due to the age) or give you the price of an equivalent model now, so you may not get much from them.

That’s what I’m thinking. Then it won’t be worth it.
The other thing is that they won’t do an equivillant due to there not being much call for 3d.

.get a claim in.

.4k tv is more than sufficient, dont worry too much about oled.

.the new led tvs are a lot more fragile than old plasma tvs, so be warned.

I appreciate that.
The one I have is heavy as out. My son has a Samsung 4K and light as a feather.
The picture looks amazing but just wondered if there is a significant difference.

I appreciate that.
The one I have is heavy as out. My son has a Samsung 4K and light as a feather.
The picture looks amazing but just wondered if there is a significant difference.

they are light now like, oled is the newest version of led, imo, not worth paying double the price for it. i got a 65" 4k samsung non oled a few months back and it is flawless. for the life of me i cannot see how the picture could be better, for my eyes anyway. love it.

he's done you a favour. a plasma will have been on its way out now if it lasted 6 years. claim and get a new one and keep him away from the lush thin new one

The little fuckwit is now banned from the house.
Weird as he is two and first time this morning he came to me without passing his pants and crying.
Was all a shadow to smash my tv. Lil spunk bucket.
Going to go to his and kick his pepper pig house to bits.
See if he is cries like I did.

they are light now like, oled is the newest version of led, imo, not worth paying double the price for it. i got a 65" 4k samsung non oled a few months back and it is flawless. for the life of me i cannot see how the picture could be better, for my eyes anyway. love it.

Superb mate. Appreciated.

You don't need amazing eyes to tell the difference between black and grey bud!

Back