Need help with the television gurus/insurance gurus ASAP

The little fuckwit is now banned from the house.
Weird as he is two and first time this morning he came to me without passing his pants and crying.
Was all a shadow to smash my tv. Lil spunk bucket.
Going to go to his and kick his pepper pig house to bits.
See if he is cries like I did.
I wonder why he normally cries at you?!

Yea samsung are qled lg are oled. Different branding names but the same thing.

Yes seems decent if thats what you fancy. Samsung all the way.

Next one to ponder, you will want a soundbar.:lol:

I’ve got a Bose soundbar. Love it.

UPDATE.
insurance not worth the paper it’s written on. Never really checked it in 30 years and there is an excess of 300 quid. Not going to be worth it with premiums to rise with no no claims.

The tv I posted yesterday has gone up by 300 quid overnight.

The action man is in the bin.

I’m fed up.

Thanks for all your efforts though I’ll have something sorted by the end of the day.
Top fellas all who replied offering help and opinions. :D

UPDATE.
insurance not worth the paper it’s written on. Never really checked it in 30 years and there is an excess of 300 quid. Not going to be worth it with premiums to rise with no no claims.

I’m fed up.

Thanks for all your efforts though I’ll have something sorted by the end of the day.
If the excess is £300, then surely you're only paying £300 for a new telly. Premium might not go up, if it does it'll be a few quid a year, not much.

Yes in certain scenes you'd notice blooming on a qled as they are still using back-lit lcd not individual pixels:lol:
Deary me.:lol:

If the excess is £300, then surely you're only paying £300 for a new telly. Premium might not go up, if it does it'll be a few quid a year, not much.

UPDATE.

I’m fed up.

Id bang a claim in regardless. A tv claim shouldnt make much difference. Do a test on go compare should give you an idea.

I know theres fuck all difference to the human eye.:lol:
QLED TVs improve on LED display black level performance, but they still rely on backlights shining behind an LCD panel. Even with advanced dimming technology, which selectively dims LEDs that don’t need to be on at full blast, QLED TVs still suffer from an effect called “light bleed,” the backlight spills through on what is supposed to be a black section of the screen. This effect is noticeable in scenes with bright stars on a night sky, or in the letterbox bars at the top and bottom of a movie. The result is a slight haze or halo around bright objects which blurs lines that should be sharp.

UPDATE.
insurance not worth the paper it’s written on. Never really checked it in 30 years and there is an excess of 300 quid. Not going to be worth it with premiums to rise with no no claims
Is it new for old? I doubt your premiums would go up much, I know mine didn't fit the exact same thing.

£50 in first year it was for me. They paid out £800 so I'll still be up.

QLED TVs improve on LED display black level performance, but they still rely on backlights shining behind an LCD panel. Even with advanced dimming technology, which selectively dims LEDs that don’t need to be on at full blast, QLED TVs still suffer from an effect called “light bleed,” the backlight spills through on what is supposed to be a black section of the screen. This effect is noticeable in scenes with bright stars on a night sky, or in the letterbox bars at the top and bottom of a movie. The result is a slight haze or halo around bright objects which blurs lines that should be sharp.

Which 99.9% of people cannot tell. Unless you get the microscope out. Il end on that note.;)

noticeable
ˈnəʊtɪsəb(ə)l/
adjective
  1. easily seen or noticed; clear or apparent.
I'll leave it there;)

I’ve borrowed my lads 4K tv until Im sorted.
There is a noticeable difference in the quality with my old panny being much much better.

I’ve borrowed my lads 4K tv until Im sorted.
There is a noticeable difference in the quality with my old panny being much much better.
Do you view in a bright or dark room?
How many will view and at what angles?
If bright room with window reflections and mostly viewing head on then qled will suit as has higher nits but if darker room and need to view from all angles then Oled will be much better and easily out perform your old Panny

They might ask pana to put in a new screen depending on how much pana engineer will charge. Most likely more than its worth. Pana make parts expensive forcing new sales of newer models

Come home tonight to find my nephew has launched an action man through my tv.

The tv was amazing in the day a Panasonic plasma 3d it was about 2k about 6 years ago.
It’s fucked. Won’t turn on 7 flashes. Tip in the morning.

Now I read on here only other day about OLED TVs.
I have a set up for watching football and don’t have HD on sky etc.

Questions.
Is it worth the extra expense?
OLED or QLED. what is the difference? Will I see a difference!
Would I be ok with just a 4K tv
I can afford a better one upto 1500 but seen some at about 500

Gutted as my plasma was going strong and superb.

Insurance..
Worth claiming? Never had a claim EVER. so should pay out.
What is usual protocol?
How do they pay out. If I get one tomorrow will the insurance give me credit or something?
Is it worth the fanny about for a six year old tv? Will they just give me a percentage obviously they won’t make mine anymore.

Bit pissed off tonight. Poor mum is really upset so I’m not going to go on too much so please help me SMB.

I KNOW YOU LADS KNOW YOUR SHIT. FIRST PLACE TO TURN. BY KIND.

Depends on your policy as to whether it is worth claiming for. A lot of insurers will have contents under a 'new for old' policy in which case they are going to source the TV from their suppliers if possible and provide you with the same TV. If it's not that kind of TV then they will pay you out minus depreciation. What you have to work out is whether the claim is worth the excess and potential increase in your premium going forward. Also, depending on your policy you might find that "launching an action man at the screen" isn't covered under the policy.

It's a tough call to be fair without knowing what your policy covers.

Depends on your policy as to whether it is worth claiming for. A lot of insurers will have contents under a 'new for old' policy in which case they are going to source the TV from their suppliers if possible and provide you with the same TV. If it's not that kind of TV then they will pay you out minus depreciation. What you have to work out is whether the claim is worth the excess and potential increase in your premium going forward. Also, depending on your policy you might find that "launching an action man at the screen" isn't covered under the policy.

It's a tough call to be fair without knowing what your policy covers.

Just this minute came off the phone to the underwriter.
Lovely fella.
Yes I can claim. Action man I can’t.

He offered me a 450 Panasonic as a replacement.
I asked if that had 3d under like for like but he said it didn’t.
They won’t repair the old one so it’s that or nothing.
Then I pay the 200 excess to get a shit TV I don’t want.
I cited the boys on here- OLED is the replacement for a plasma but he stated 4K is the replacement as it’s better resolution.
He couldn’t help really saying I have to argue with the insurers.

So it’s hardly worth doing and old eagle eyes will have cost me 1500.

Feel like crying tonight. Them useless knackers won’t help either tonight.

FTM

Back