NE Cases per 100k

There are many Tory voting seats in London and the North East remains largely Labour. They’ve not allowed London to enter tier 3 purely for political/economic reasons.

So you are saying they are deliberately pissing off the voters they "borrowed" to appease the voters who voted Labour?

So you are saying they are deliberately pissing off the voters they "borrowed" to appease the voters who voted Labour?
They naturally hold us Northeners with contempt, just look at the penny pinching in Greater Manchester, then the moment the south looks in danger of restrictions, the extension of furlough is announced.

They naturally hold us Northeners with contempt, just look at the penny pinching in Greater Manchester, then the moment the south looks in danger of restrictions, the extension of furlough is announced.

Or could it be that, when the Tiers were announced we were one of the highest rates in the country? Just a thought.

Yes we are now coming down, and if Newcastle, Hartlepool and Stockton get their acts together, we could be going into Tier 2 while London goes into Tier 3.

Or could it be that, when the Tiers were announced we were one of the highest rates in the country? Just a thought.

Yes we are now coming down, and if Newcastle, Hartlepool and Stockton get their acts together, we could be going into Tier 2 while London goes into Tier 3.
From what I saw today current Tier 3 is closer to pre-lockdown Tier 2 than pre-lockdown Tier 3. Faintly ridiculous although I'm not complaining about it.

Hartlepool and Stockton need to up their game but County Durham, Sunderland and Newcastle looking positive. If they can split Staithes in North Yorkshire into two tiers split by a bridge then there should be no reason County Durham can be split from the Tees Valley for example

I think they are going to have to do that nationally with the splitting.. too many relatively safe places being dragged down by a couple of badly performing localities

I really think if the three I mentioned get their infection rates down we will drop out of Tier 3. Wouldn't hold my breath though with Hartlepool and Stockton.
The Borough of Stockton is home to the most gormless breed of humans in the land

If you asked the average inhabitant to stand 2 metres away they'd get their fingers out and struggle to get past 1.

Hartlepool and Stockton need to up their game but County Durham, Sunderland and Newcastle looking positive. If they can split Staithes in North Yorkshire into two tiers split by a bridge then there should be no reason County Durham can be split from the Tees Valley for example

The Labour mp for Durham north said on his Twitter feed that he had had it confirmed when the tiers were announced that the la7 group would be assessed separately to the tees valley 5 .

The Labour mp for Durham north said on his Twitter feed that he had had it confirmed when the tiers were announced that the la7 group would be assessed separately to the tees valley 5 .

Hope so as if true I have a good feeling County Durham will go into tier 2. If it continues to way it is and doesn't then it's merely political.

Hope so as if true I have a good feeling County Durham will go into tier 2. If it continues to way it is and doesn't then it's merely political.
Hopefully you’re not being over confident, at moment national average of cases per 100,000 pop is 157 whilst County Durham is 179, maybe it’s falling but I reckon you’re going to have demonstrate that not only can you get closer to the National average and stay they to move from tier 3

Yeah, can't see them downgrading many places. Christmas is going to see numbers going up in Jan, so the original plan was to hold firm until late Jan as it was pointless moving someone down just to bump them up again a few weeks later.

The North East had twice the case rate of London when they announced the tiers.
People are nuggets, and like everything else these days every issue is viewed in the light of dogmatic identity politics.

Would be the same as people complaining that that the only Premier League game to be postponed was Newcastle-Villa "eh, they only done it to wu cos wu Northern! Boris the liar"

That has been the case all through, talking to people “in the room” as it were, they have confirmed that the two parts of the region are being judged separately and will continue to be.

just going back to the student thing........... confirmed that the student return window will be staggered over 5 weeks from 4th january to 5th february with testing available

Back