NE Cases per 100k

Redcar and Cleveland is something like the 15th best local authority in the country now in terms of Covid rates, big turnaround.

11th in England.
That will be true for some but most people will want to know if they have had it, even if to know post-contagion that they have immunity. Plus, if that were your approach, what difference would a positive test make anyway....I still haven't seen anyone fined for breaching quarentine / isolation. I suppose it would remove all self-doubt of their selfishness...
It was a couple of self employed people who mentioned it. Young ( to me) under 35 . I dont think the fine bothered them , it was the fact they wouldnt be able to work. Their view being they wouldnt get sick from it anyway. I dont agree with the attitude, but I can sort of understand it .

Last edited:

It’s either the most infectious thing that ever existed, and people are catching it stood 3 and 4m from others etc, it lives on surfaces for weeks, transmitted on postal letters (all of which has been speculated but im not quite sure about).

or

people have lost the plot and just arent taking any notice of requests to stop mixing with other households.

It’s either the most infectious thing that ever existed, and people are catching it stood 3 and 4m from others etc, it lives on surfaces for weeks, transmitted on postal letters (all of which has been speculated but im not quite sure about).

or

people have lost the plot and just arent taking any notice of requests to stop mixing with other households.

I have heard from a medical source the safe distance for the new variant could be 3M

Last edited:

or

and/or the fact that schools are in effect 50% open due to a combination of the DFE’s shameful expansion of what constitutes a ‘key worker / vulnerable child’ and parents being desperate to get little Jonny out of the house continues to seed the virus into people’s homes.

I was out walking today and you can see the breath of people and if it is virulent 2m may not be enough.
People vaping always seemed to give a reasonably accurate indication about how far their exhalations were travelling.

Pre-Covid, I never liked breathing that sh!te in, or the second-hand smoke from 'proper' smokers. Nowadays, I hold my breath whenever I walk past anyone vaping or smoking.

and/or the fact that schools are in effect 50% open due to a combination of the DFE’s shameful expansion of what constitutes a ‘key worker / vulnerable child’ and parents being desperate to get little Jonny out of the house continues to seed the virus into people’s homes.
Won't see the effect of school 'closure' and new lockdown for another few days.

Agree half the school is still in this time around. Gone from 'kids are being used as guinea pigs it's disgusting' to 'get my kids in school at any cost'

Back