National Action Members Found Guilty

They’ve been convicted of being members of a proscribed organisation. It’s got nothing to do with freedom of speech.
I didn't bring it up. Although the reason the group was proscribed was because of incitement to violence. It's still not concerned by freedom of speech.

I've never said if they believe in communism they should be silenced. I remember you saying this on the Ash Sarkar thread and it was complete bullshit. I said I didn't agree with her but I didn't say she should be prosecuted for her opinions, which is EXACTLY what concerns freedom of speech.

Horrible views can lead to violence yes, but that doesn't mean we should prosecute them. I could say that fats lad is a right prick, I heard once he got up to some right horrible stuff. If someone else decides to attack you based on that, I personally should not be prosecuted. In a mature society we should be able to hear things and not become violent as a result. We are not babies.
You've just proved my point.

A piece of land or fortress sticking out an angle?

Hmm. Yep I could accept that.
You've heard the expression salient point before? As in to make a pertinent or important/starting point when discussing something.

I'm "multitasking"
Me too :cool:

My job this year started involving lots of travel on trains. It's only since then I've started getting more involved on here. Gotta pass the journey times and hotels somehow

Last edited:
You've heard the expression salient point before? As in to make a pertinent or important/starting point when discussing something.

Me too :cool:

My job this year started involving lots of travel on trains. It's only since then I've started getting more involved on here. Gotta pass the journey times and hotels somehow
Hey hey, the subtle insult approach after I call you out for being a hippocrit. Again. Or, is it because I corrected your somewhat schoolboy viewpoint as to the cause of WWI ?

Hey hey, the subtle insult approach after I call you out for being a hippocrit. Again. Or, is it because I corrected your somewhat schoolboy viewpoint as to the cause of WWI ?
It wasn't meant as an insult. I genuinely thought you'd never heard of the term before so I explained it.

You didn't correct me at all. You actually backed up my point. If you'd read the conversation we had exactly the same point.

It wasn't meant as an insult. I genuinely thought you'd never heard of the term before so I explained it.

You didn't correct me at all. You actually backed up my point. If you'd read the conversation we had exactly the same point.
Fair enough & fair enough then

Oh and to clarify my earlier point, the freedom of speech in the US is specifically around the Governments right to limit your right of expression - there is nothing to stop a private company or individual from limiting your speech (facebook bans or a person decides they will no longer do business with you)

Back